Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2020
I went from an iPhone 11 to a 12 and the weight difference is substantial to the point I enjoy using my phone again (besides the yellow tint and battery drain issues that came with my iPhone 12).

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2020
I went from an iPhone 11 to a 12 and the weight difference is substantial to the point I enjoy using my phone again (besides they yellow tint and battery drain issues that came with my iPhone

hyperx136

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
So I just got my 12 in black and there is just something about this compares to the 12 pro that I really like. Maybe it’s the less warm display, light weight and matte frame (I’m using the pitaka aircase so I don’t really touch or see the glass back, just the sides). Of course specs for specs the pro is a better phone, how much better depends on if you do take advantage of the camera features and using the screen at max brightness to make a difference.

To me $120 extra is not that much when you already paying $1k but it’s like paying for a 6 cylinder vs 4 cylinder engine in a car. 6 cylinder is more powerful no doubt but how am I gonna see that difference when all I do is take a 30 minutes drive from home to work daily? If you are paying for thing you don’t use or notice then even 1% extra cost is a waste.

I also agree with the future-proofing thing, there is no point in my case. The old phones are still plenty fast even for today’s standard, even an iphone x is still very capable as of now. I also know that I’ll most likely upgrade to the 13 pro with 90hz or 120hz next year anyway so the extra 2GB ram for the “lifetime” of the device is basically just a year for me. If I don’t see any problem now then how can that change in 12 months using the same iOS 14.

Initially, I wanted to live with the mini for a year since it’s the most interesting phone out of the lineup but the battery is abysmal. Speakers, signal reception, charging speed, all seems worse maybe due to the size. A week with that phone made me realize I need to go up to the 12 or 12 pro at the least. I love the weight and size though and hope Apple will keep making the 13 mini next year.

Last edited:

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2020
Awesome. Sounds like you made a smart decision and I agree about liking how light the phone feels ?

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
So I just got my 12 in black and there is just something about this compares to the 12 pro that I really like. Maybe it’s the less warm display, light weight and matte frame (I’m using the pitaka aircase so I don’t really touch or see the glass back, just the sides). Of course specs for specs the pro is a better phone, how much better depends on if you do take advantage of the camera features and using the screen at max brightness to make a difference.

To me $120 extra is not that much when you already paying $1k but it’s like paying for a 6 cylinder vs 4 cylinder engine in a car. 6 cylinder is more powerful no doubt but how am I gonna see that difference when all I do is take a 30 minutes drive from home to work daily? If you are paying for thing you don’t use or notice then even 1% extra cost is a waste.

I also agree with the future-proofing thing, there is no point in my case. The old phones are still plenty fast even for today’s standard, even an iphone x is still very capable as of now. I also know that I’ll most likely upgrade to the 13 pro with 90hz or 120hz next year anyway so the extra 2GB ram for the “lifetime” of the device is basically just a year for me. If I don’t see any problem now then how can that change in 12 months using the same iOS 14.

Initially, I wanted to live with the mini for a year since it’s the most interesting phone out of the lineup but the battery is abysmal. Speakers, signal reception, charging speed, all seems worse maybe due to the size. A week with that phone made me realize I need to go up to the 12 or 12 pro at the least. I love the weight and size though and hope Apple will keep making the 13 mini next year.
If the pro was all black I may have got it, don't agree with the V6 analogy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.