Downgrade from 2.0.1 to 1.0!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macrlz9, Aug 10, 2008.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Hey everyone. I have searched, but haven't found an answer yet. Does anyone know how I can downgrade my 2G iPhone from 2.0.1 to 1.0.0? I simply want this for the nostalgia and to keep so a few years down the line, I can look back on 1.0! I have the firmware and have tried the option > restore trick but iTunes gives an error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

You know that you could just make your iPhone *look* like 1.0.x if you wanted, right? That's what I do, happily running 2.0.1 on my 4 gig iPhone. I just love how that software version looked; so clean and well-balanced. Still have one tap-access to all my apps, but you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at it :)

PM me or whatever if you're interested, and I can send you a little filepack to do it easily. If anyone else is interested, I can put it in the thread or something.

3. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Thanks for your response, but I actually wanted to have the iPhone be the 1.0 version... not just masking it by hiding icons etc. Like before there was webclip, old calculator, exactly the way it was on launch day! Anyone else have an idea?

4. myk13 macrumors member

What error did you get when trying to restore? What if you get an older version of iTunes then try restoring it using the same method you tried.

5. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

That was a great idea; however it didn't work :( I got an unknown error 1600 grr... Do I have to downgrade the baseband?? CAN I downgrade the baseband??

Attached Files:

6. Erwan macrumors member

Try that to get back to 1.0.0

7. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

i dont even know what it looks like, anyone got a screen shot?