downgrade from 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by volsfan, Jul 23, 2008.

1. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

How do i downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.5 or 1.1.4

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Download the firmware of your choice, for example from here
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

in iTunes shift then manually look for firmware. Select the firmware you downloaded and install it on the iPod.

Alternatively you can download the Pwnage tool to downgrade firmwares.

3. mith500 macrumors newbie

hey,
    I am a new owner of an ipod touch 32gb...yipee
    it came with 1.1.4 with the software upgrade and I used it for a while to get a feel of the ipod touch after which i upgraded to 2.0 and frankly 2.0 is a a bit of a disspointment for me...in terms of wifi inconsistency, worse battery life and safari seems slower.

I would now like to downgrade to 1.1.4 or 1.1.5, my question is this:
    If i downgrade will it come with the january apps( which came preinstalled) for 1.1.4/1.1.5?

4. Luminator macrumors member

Good question. I know the 1.1.4 did not have the apps, you had to purchase them as a separate download/install. I'm just curious though, does anyone know if the 1.1.5 came with these apps.

5. mith500 macrumors newbie

correct me if I am wrong but that shows how to downgrade.
    What i would like to know is:

Since I had 1.1.4 with the january apps preinstalled on my ipod touch 32gb, if i downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.5 or 1.1.4 , will it come with the january update?

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

it should have them on it. 1.1.4 came with mail maps stocks notes and all that stuff

7. fliptastic macrumors member

2.0 Yes or No - Please help

Hello. i have been reading a lot about the issues people are having with 2.0 and I know people have discussed this on the boards. but to make this quick, i just received a refurb'd 16 gb ipod touch that came with the software upgrades and is currently running 1.1.4.

I am really tempted to download the update and go with 2.0, but i don't want to if it is going to screw my ipod up. WEhat are the specific problems you have heard about. I read about a lot of seperate ones but i am not sure if those are just individual case due to using "free" 2.0 updates etc. I am going to pay for it and do it "by the book", so will i have problems. i want the apps like monkeyball, band, etc. should i wait for them to update to 2.0.1 or whatever? is everyone having problems. i know it can drain the battery faster etc. becuase after the update it will look for push emails, etc. but can i disable functions like that? I am just torn about going with 2.0 and have never really had many problems with apple in the past and just don't understand how they could put out such an important update without it being ready. i heard people that are downloading the update now (not when it first came out) aren't having as many problems. is that true. Thanks!!!

8. mith500 macrumors newbie

i think post #52 (2nd post from the top) on this page sums it up quite well
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=519154&page=3

frankly if i were you i would wait till 2.0.1.
    I would definately downgrade my 32gb ipod touch to 1.1.4 if i am sure i can get the jan updates (mail, weather etc) that came preinstalled

9. hooplehead macrumors member

2.0.1 will cost $49.99