Downgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2 (I have the SHSH blobs)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by thelead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. thelead macrumors 6502

Okay, I tried to wipe my iPad, only for it to get stuck in a loop. So I plugged into itunes and tried to restore, but of course, it only would let me install 3.2.2 (I had 3.2 jb). I tried everything for a few hours (umbrella + host file change + restoring from a local 3.2 iPad image) but kept running into an error half way through. I decided just to get it back running and updated to 3.2.2.

I have my SHSH file from before I did the spirit jb, but how the hell do you use it??? Everything I find is how to back up the SHSH just in case, but then they never go into how you use it.

How do I get back to 3.2?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What Error do you get?

If it only get stuck, do you have Wifi Sync Installed? uninstalled it of you do, it does prevent from Restoring (based on many reports, Haven't tried myself).

3. WiseDuck macrumors member

WiseDuck

As far as I know you need to point iTunes to Cydias server which will then give you the green light. Once it does the downgrade will continue.

4. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

Error: The iPad could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (3002)

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Error 3002 is commonly for using the Option+Upgrade bottom instead of the Option+Restore. Try using restore on iTunes.

6. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm definitely trying to restore (I put the iPad in recovery mode). I know I also click the "make my life easier button on the Cydia app too. I just can't get this darn thing to revert back...

Any other guesses? I do appreciate the help.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Sorry not more ideas, error 3002 is usually related to upgrade vs restore.

Try DFU restore, another computer if you can.

also if you Run TinyUmbrella it will tell you exactly which SHSH you got saved, for what device and for what firmware. It should say something like "Found [2] shsh files to cache..." and them after you connect the iPad it should tell you what firmware you can restore to.

8. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

One question for you, I saved a local copy of my shsh file. Can I not use that to restore? If so, how? What was the point of saving the shsh file locally if not?

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You saved them locally in case "something" happen to the copies on Cydia, you won't lose your copy (let's say that Apple offers Saurik a great Job and all of the sudden Cydia servers are gone LOL ), but if you have a local copy, I am almost positive that Cydia got a copy too.

Run TinyUmbrella, connect your iPad, and click on the bottom that reads "Display SHSHs" and post a screen shot, you should get a list with all the SHSH available for your device

10. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

Also, in DFU mode I get a different error code: 3194

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

yeah 3194 on DFU is for sure that your firmwere is not being signed, so either you don't have the right SHSHs or TinuUmbrella is not working.

Do you have the most resent version? is the TSS server Running, with no error on Tiny Umbrella? Did you try updating the host file manually (using WiseDuck post)?

12. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

okay, I don't know what I did differently, (other than add my local shsh file to a folder that was created for the 3.2.2 shsh by TinyUmbrella) but it worked... Thanks for the help maturola.