Downgrade from 3g 16 to 8 gig

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by armenakadino, Jan 31, 2009.

1. armenakadino macrumors member

Right now I have a white 16 gig 3g I got it about 2 months ago in mint condition I was wondering what are my options I want to downgrade to a 8 gig and get rid of my 16 and keep the extra money I decided that 16 gigs is way too much for me.

2. derek320 macrumors member

I think you would have had to do it within the first 30 days of owning the phone since that is the return period. Just keep the 16gb one, I'm sure you'll find a use for the extra room eventually.

3. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Within the first few days I may have said you have a slim chance.

Two months later I may have said you're stuck with a 16gb phone because you paid for an iPhone and it's contract, which sticks you with it for two years unless you want to pay a cancellation fee and any return fees.

May I also add that "Mint Condition" would be unopened, untouched, and still in it's original state in shrinkwrap and all. I assume that isn't true as you can't walk out of a distributor (or at least aren't supposed to) without having it opened and activated, and the fact that you sound as though you've used it and discovered you don't need all that space.

If it's used, you're stuck with that one. As far as I know, and believe me I've tried, you can't swap between models or downgrade to the first iPhone. I've tried for a 16gb of the original, upping my 8gb. You can only upgrade.

The next iPhone should come June-ish like the first two. Perhaps you can get a break on upgrading to the next one should you want to.

I may have also said you could give it to me if you really want.

May have.

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

PM me.