Downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MYKOLTON, Jul 19, 2011.

1. MYKOLTON macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

Hey, I had 4.3.1 on my iphone but it was getting very slow with so many tweaks, so i saved the blobs and i tried to install 4.3.3 but in the middle i got error 1013, after 2 more times of trying and getting that error i got the error that says this firmware wont work on this iphone or well it went something like that. after i read that apple blocked 4.3.3 and so basically im stuck with no ios on my phone since it gliched. i then had no choice but to go on 4.3.4 but i knew that it might be fine since my blobs are saved both through cydia and tinyumbrella. so i was wondering how to downgrade to 4.3.1 or 4.3.3, because i have no idea how to. thanks!!

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Run the TU server. Start iTunes. Press option+restore. Pick the iOS that you've already d/l from apple's servers.
    If you don't understand what I wrote, read through the old forum posts.

3. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

I did everything you said but now im getting an error that says "The IPhone "IPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20)."

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

5. Yass-Attack macrumors member

I'm in the same boat and no I don't have that. Any advice?w

6. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

Yeah i do

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You should be able to Shift + Restore (Option key on a Mac) to the 4.3.3 IPSW and you're set.

8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

He needs to start TSS server first and then shift restore.

9. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Which error would that be?

11. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

error 20

12. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Are u on antivirus

13. peter3 macrumors member

Put your device in DFU mode first then restore.

14. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

still does not work, keep getting error 20, also i got no ios on my phone because of a glitch and when i try to restore and update to 4.3.4 now its not working, it says my device is not eligible for that update

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you're going to 4.3.4, you have to uncheck in TU any redirection of servers.

16. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

no i want to get 4.3.3 but what i was saying is 4.3.4 isnt working too, but i know to to that

17. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

20= antivirus usually

18. eastercat, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Try this. D/l pwnage and create a custom firmware with 4.3.3. Install with the instructions I gave you. You'll have to use pwnage's dfu mode. Also, don't start iTunes until you're ready to install the custom firmware.
    This may not work, but it won't screw up your phone either.

OP has a Mac. The only thing I can figure is that lion might be interfering somehow, but I haven't seen comex or musclenerd tweet about it.

19. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

Okay well i redid the jailbreak and i had to fix the host file in order to do that, so it is jailbroken on 4.3.3 i think but its stuck in the "connect to itunes" screen on the iphone and i cant get into ios

20. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Use Recboot to kick it out of recovery mode. OR you can use TinyUmbrella...

21. grimy macrumors member

Try using tinyumbrella fix recovery program.

I had these instructions in another thread...this worked for me:

So I rebooted the computer, changed the usb, put the iPhone in pwnd DFU mode via iReb(maybe it was redsn0w i had tried both can't remember now), ran TU again(yes, i had my blobls), opened Itunes, shift-restore, chose the STOCK 4.3.3 ipsw, ran into error 1013 at end of install, used tinyumbrella fix recovery program(grabbed from their site), watched the greenpoison script scroll down through my phone, and phone worked just fine, then i used redsnow to and the stock ipsw fine, installed the jailbreak ipsw with redsnow, phone rebooted and cydia was then on the phone

22. MYKOLTON, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

Okay i have done everything you said but in tinyumbrella the fix recovery button is grey and you can not choose it

edit. okay i figured out that i needed to use the one that was no in tinyumbrellla but the one that they supplied on their site. so i used it, put my device in dfu mode and it had the writing on the iphone screen and then it completed but it returned to the same screen which was the connect to itunes, so basically im stumped on what to do

edit2. Okay i figured out that inorder to use the fix recovery mode on the tinyumbrella application my phone needed to be in dfu mode im just seeing if this one will work now

edit3. okay its not working its just going back to the connect to itunes screen because when the fix recovery thing was on the phone it said unable to find something im not sure what though

23. MYKOLTON thread starter macrumors newbie

MYKOLTON

ITS ALL DONE YAY i figured it out after 3 hours, i used pwnagetools and then used the custom restore but i had to change something in the host so yeah i fixed it it works and thanks for all your help!

24. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

What exactly did you change in host?