All iPads Downgrade from 7.1.1 to 5.1.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lindatt, May 14, 2014.

1. lindatt macrumors newbie

Hello guys my ipad 2 Wifi cant turn on DFU mode but i can still download blobs
    i got blobs for 4.3.3 and 5.1.1

I am trying to downgrade from 7.1.1 to 5.1.1 with redsnow

But when I select iOS 5.1.1 as IPSW, it gives an error "Unable to parse IPSW. Are you sure it's really an IPSW?"
    i has trying download alot differens homepage for IPSW but i still got same messenger PLEASE any can help me i trying this for many days now :(

2. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

Why on earth would you even want to go back to 5.1.1? :confused:

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You cannot downgrade an iPad 2. You are stuck on 7.1.1.

Try to restore.

4. lindatt thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem its i cant restore its saying WAITING FOR IPAD for many hours not happen i am trying another computer and differens usb port
    still got a same messenger waiting for ipad..
    -
    i am trying to put DFU mode its dotn work to hold power 3 sec , after home and power 10sec after that realese power and keep home button
    i has trying this for 30 times :( i still got a black screen..

but when i connect to itunes its say i need to restore..
    when i click on restore than i willl get a same messenger WAITING FOR IPAD
    -
    PLZ HELP!!!

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can downgrade an iPad 2, if you have SHSH blobs for for 4.3.X and 5.X.X. But they must be properly signed and it's more difficult for 3G iPads than it is for WiFi only iPads.

6. lindatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i have blobs for 4.3.3 and 5.1.1 i am trying downgrade with redsnow got error..

7. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

I haven't done this in a while, but do you not still need to run tinyumbrella while you're restoring?

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't believe you can? It hasn't been possible from the A5 chip onwards, and the iPad 2 has the A5 chip, same as the 4s, which also can't be downgraded.

Unless there's something special about the iPad 2?

9. lindatt thread starter macrumors newbie

i am restore from Itunes 11.5 version
    allways got messenger waiting for ipad..
    i just let the ipad 2 on after 1h its still be a same messenger waiting for ipad :(

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If the screen is black and you get a need to restore message in iTunes, then you ARE in DFU mode.

Not sure why it gets stuck at the waiting for iPad message at the next step. This happens even if you try to restore to 7.1.1?

11. mangomind, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014

mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

No one has found a bootrom exploit for the A5, A6, and A7 chips yet. People have found bootrom exploits for A4 and previous chips.

A bootrom exploit needs to be discovered in order to install an unsigned iOS version, with shsh blobs.

12. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The special thing about the iPad 2 is that is had a public release of iOS 4. The thing that makes A5 devices non-downgradable is that Apple changed how the SHSH blobs work starting with iOS 5 so that they can only be used once. If Apple never changed that, you would be able to downgrade A5 devices. A bootrom exploit is not needed to downgrade them or A3/A4 devices. It only helps in getting past Apple's one time only check. There is one small exception to this rule for A5 devices, restoring from an iTunes restored (cannot be factory or OTA) iOS 5.X to a higher or equal version of iOS 5 as long as you have properly signed SHSH blobs with an APT ticket.

13. lindatt thread starter macrumors newbie

yes when i try restore for 7.1.1 still same messenger waiting for ipad :( check the pic..
    my ipad work really great the old 6.13 os.. when i uppgrade to ois 7.0
    dont know my ipad will turn of when its on sleep mode.. so i need to start the ipad every time :(
    and now i cant restore still same messenger waiting my ipad

http://www.ipadforums.net/attachmen...359848213-waiting-ipad-stuck-itunes-jg03w.jpg

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you are unable to restore to iOS 7.1.1, it is possible that the iPad is having problems.

15. lindatt thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i calling to apple support they say its hardware problem for ipad 2 when i uppgrade to ios 7 from 6.13 its work really good before uppgrade..

after uppgrade my ipad 2 just turn off when its on sleep mode so i need too start my ipad every time