Downgrade from iOS 4 to 1.3.1 (3GS)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lulula, Jun 22, 2010.

1. lulula macrumors newbie

Hi folks, I have no clue how I can downgrade my iPhone3GS. I will explain what I did with the phone and what I have tried to upgrade it. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me out in this matter. I will try to explain what I did the last two days. I JB and unlocked my iPhone 3GS with sprint and ultrasn0w .93 I used at this time the firmware 3.1.3 Everything worked very well and I uploaded also my SHSH file to Cydia. A couple of hours later i decided to upgrade my phone over iTunes to iOS 4. I recognized to late that there is no way for me to unlock my phone yet under these circumstances. So I tried to downgrade my phone, I did unfortunately a full restore before.

I tried to downgrade it this way:
    Go into recovery modus, click in I tunes on restore with pushed shift button, choose 1.3.1 (which I have downloaded before) then will pop up a error message and this "send to apple" stuff and the last point is use ReCboot do go out of the recovery modus.

But this solution didn't work for me, so I'm really looking forward to get your help out of this situation.

Thank you very much

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why would you want to downgrade to 1.3.1? I don't think Apple ever sign 1.3.1 to iphone 3G and iphone 3Gs

4. lulula thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have tried it with editing the host files as well but id didn’t worked for both ways

And @gngan: You are right, I meant firmware 3.1.3 and I also downloaded 3.1.3 also so correct firmware.

What else can I try or what could be the problem?

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

You must have made a mistake when editing your host file..

6. lulula thread starter macrumors newbie

The first msg which I get in iTunes if I try to restore in DFU mode is

"Veryfiying iphone restore with apple"

and I get then this error msg

"The iPhone could not restored (3194)"

7. ajo macrumors 6502

Im getting the same thing.

Ive managed it before but it wont do it now...

8. lulula thread starter macrumors newbie

what did you do?

9. lulula thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I get the error msg 3194 in iTunes by trying to restore :(

What can I do that I will be able to downgrade to 3.1.3?

10. dazex macrumors member

I just completed a successful downgrade of my iPhone 3Gs from 4.0 to 3.1.3.

First, you have to make sure you edit your host file to point to Saurik's server.

Then you have to put your iPhone into DFU mode. DFU mode will not display anything on the screen, however iTunes will recognize a phone attached that is in restore mode. From there, you proceed to restore 3.1.3.

At the end of the restore, you WILL get an error. It was something like Error 1605 in windows and 1015 or something like that on the Mac. Either way, I then used RecBoot to exit out of Restore mode.

That's all there was to it. I then proceeded to restore one of my iPhone backups to the device and then Spirit JB it. Everything looks great so far while I await the JB for new 3Gs on iOS4.

Hope that helps.

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Are you sure you're in DFU mode? Screen completely blank and iTunes recognizes a phone in recovery mode?

12. lulula thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried exact this way before but I got a 3194 error msg, I have read that it was successful if you see a 1XXX error msg like you have discribed it, but mine error msg stands for something else

I have a new bottroom, and I really tried a lot but nothing got me out of this problem

13. lulula thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the phone is in the DFU mode (black display) and I get also the correct msg in iTunes. Would it maybe help to install a "clean" itunes on another pc at my house? Maybe there is something wrong with my iTunes I have read that there could be a possibility that there is something wrong with the registry.