Downgrade from iOS 5 beta 7 to iOS 4.3.5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsquare, Sep 9, 2011.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

2. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

Yep looks good to me, although that's for downgrading to 4.3.3, providing you have the SHSH blobs saved. If you want to downgrade to 4.3.5 (ie. the latest firmware being currently signed by Apple) it's even easier.

All you gotta do is put your iPhone into DFU mode (step 1) and hit restore and it will load 4.3.5 onto your phone. Simple as that :)

3. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

If you want to downgrade to iOS 4.3.5, just put the iPhone in DFU-Mode and hit restore. But before you do that, save what ever you can save through external programs; contacts to Google or Outlook, photos saved on computer and apps in iTunes.

You may not be able to restore backup, because the iOS version used to make the latest backup is newer then the iOS-version on the iPhone.

4. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

5. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

6. llfloyd79 macrumors regular

llfloyd79

I do the upgrade and downgrade all the time. What I do and it might not be the most perfect way but it works for me is I first delete the iTunes library file from the iTunes folder then uninstall iTunes beta and install the regular version and i put iPhone in DFU mode and then I restore. But lately what I do is use to separate computers. One computer has the beta version of iTunes and all my songs and stuff on that pc....I don't mess wit that iTunes. What i do is keep a regular version of iTunes on another pc that i used to downgrade back to 4.3.5 when ever i feel like it. Like I said it may not be the most perfect way but it works for me all the time!