Downgrade from iOS 5 beta

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yif3ng, Jun 19, 2011.

1. yif3ng macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

really need some help here. I tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 from iOS 5 beta 1 after having some hands on. After reading online of what to do, i simply used iTunes 10.5 b to shift restore to 4.3.3

However, whenever my restore is about to be completed, an unknown error (1) appears. I read online it might relate to USB ports so i changed to other USB ports with no results. Can someone help me?? I am having a iphone 4 stuck on recovery mode and no means to downgrade.

2. flyingninjas macrumors member

download tinyumbrella, click save shsh's (irrelevant, but always good to do) and then click kick device out of recovery mode direcly after you got error 1 from restoring it. might work.

first time i have come across and error that is not on apple's restore error page. try a different usb wire if u can.

3. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Recboot would be easier to kick out of recovery mode (if your on a Mac). On windows, you need to install libusb (windows version) to work with recboot on windows.

By the way, @OP, what device are you using? iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3/4th gen, iPad 2/1?

4. yif3ng thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys, after 2 days of resetarch online and trying out the various solutions proposed, i have finally downgraded my iOS 5 beta 1 to iOS 4.3.3 along with the 4.3.3 baseband restored.

Though I am not sure if my way is the easiest way, I m certain it works.
    So here it goes:

1. When you are stuck on 4.3.3 and unknown error 1, follow the instructions in this video and you will be back on 4.3.3 with iOS 5 beta 1 baseband which deny you the use of data connection.
    http://www.jailbreakmovies.com/2011/06/08/how-to-downgrade-ios-5-back-to-ios-4-3-3-tutorial-video/

2. You den upgrade your iTunes to 10.5 beta and restore back to iOS 5.0 beta once more.

3. After which, you down grade your iTunes back to 10.3. However you will encounter a iTunes library error which prevents you from opening ur iTunes. You can resolve this by following the instructions of this video link below:
    http://www.jailbreakmovies.com/2011...s-created-by-a-newer-version-of-itunes-error/

4. After which, your iTunes can be opened and it will say that your iphone is in a firmware not supported by the iTunes version you are having. Ignore that and set your iPhone into DFU mode. Shift restore to 4.3.3 or simply click restore and update as currently 4.3.3 is the latest official firmware released.

After all these, you will be back in your 4.3.3 with the baseband restored~

For all those people with the same problem as me, hope this help all of you and you dont have to go through the same trouble as I did.
    Cheers~

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Recboot has worked for me on windows

6. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

I find it easier on the Mac. You just install Recboot and off you go. :rolleyes: However, if it works for you, it works...

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

not trying to say your wrong but what i was saying was there is a windows version, no tricks to make it work

its a simple program, you have a enter recovery button and an exit recovery button