Downgrade from iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheLatestech, Jun 9, 2011.

1. TheLatestech macrumors newbie

I'm new to MacRumors Forums. But I need Help!

Downgrade from iOS 5?
    I have an CDMA iPhone which I need to downgrade to 4.2.8,
    Running iTunes 10.5 Beta.
    I have my SHSH blobs saved on Tiny Umbrella.

First off, when I plug in my phone now, all I get is the Plug to itunes screen, I can't even get to the iOS5 setup screen.

From there, it is recognized in iTunes, but not really in TinyUmbrella. It is recognized in tinyumbrella as the name "0" and/or a bunch of numbers.

I keep getting directly back to itunes with a error 1.

I need Help.Fast.

Additional Details
    All I see on my iPhone is the Connect to itunes though, I still put it into DFU?

and...are you sure I don't need my SHSH blobs from tinyumbrella?

2. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I was able to downgrade to 4.3.3 (GSM model, of course) without having to do anything unusual at all. Just 'Restore' using the 4.3.3 file, restore from back-up using the last 4.3.3 back-up.

I know this isn't particularly helpful, but my point is that (from my experience) there's nothing unusual that needs to be done to downgrade from iOS 5, I guess because Apple is still signing the last iOS 4 build.

3. TheLatestech thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, I do that, and it either comes up with the error (1), or it says that this iPhone is not eligible for the requested build.

Really annoying.

4. Tettrabyte macrumors newbie

DID you try modifying your host file. I was having trouble upgrading yesterday and I used the steps to change the host file, like if you are downgrading to an unsigned iOS version.

5. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Yeah, if you've used Tinyumbrella at all, it's probably redirected your host file to Cydia. Run it again and de select the option.

Otherwise, down grading to 4.3.3 shouldn't be a problem. Then jailbreak it.

6. TheLatestech thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that My device isn't even recognized in Tiny Umbrella.

I'm thinking of just bringing it in to verizon, see if my warranty will get me anywhere...