Downgrade from iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Koolguy361, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Koolguy361 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I was wondering, I'm looking to downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 . The tutorial says if your serial number contains the numbers 134 or later in the 3-5 collumns (ex: xx134xxx) mine says xx942. Does that mean it was made in 09 on April 4th? Also my model says MC134 if that interferes with downgrading. All help is appreciated. I'm sorry if its a dumb question, I'm a noob :p

2. zepica macrumors regular

9 - 2009 year.
    42 - week of that year.

You can do downgrade of baseband, and firmware only if you have shsh saved.

3. Koolguy361 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. Couldn't I just download a custom ipsw for 5.1.1?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Downgrade firmware and downgrade basebands has nothing to do with eachother. You're confusing those 2 things and serial number you mentioned above is only for the 3GS when it comes to the ipad baseband.
    What model iphone do you have?
    You cannot downgrade firmware versions without shsh blobs for that particular device for the firmware version you want to go down to.

----------

No, you need shsh blobs for that device for 5.1.1 to stitch them to the custom ipsw.
    No blobs, no downgrade ever period.

5. Koolguy361 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry i meant downgrade my baseband from 5.16.07. I believe I can downgrade to ios 4.1 without shsh blobs because apple's still signing 4.1 apparently?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is correct.
    For some weird reason Apple still releases 4.1 shsh blobs for iphone 3GS models since September 2010:D
    So you can go down that firmware version any time you want.
    About downgrading your baseband you can use the latest redsnow but you will first need to flash/install the ipad baseband and when its done you can downgrade it to an unlockable version using redsnow again.
    Or if its an AT&T iphone 3GS you can spend $2-3 and have it unlocked officially without any hacks with an imei ebay unlock.
    Many options.