Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone have any problems dumping this bug ridden sloth of a release back to a stable itunes? (yeah yeah, I know it's beta, but I had to have it to install iOS5 beta)

Any problems UNinstalling it and installing the released version and not loosing any data?

Kenndac

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2003
iTunes has never been able to open libraries that've been used with newer versions of iTunes, so any version less than 10.5 won't be able to open a library used with version 10.5.

You may be able to delete the library file and rebuild by importing the XML file next to your old library.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
iTunes has never been able to open libraries that've been used with newer versions of iTunes, so any version less than 10.5 won't be able to open a library used with version 10.5.

You may be able to delete the library file and rebuild by importing the XML file next to your old library.

Oh well, I guess I'm stuck with it until September...

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
I had the same issues. Took it as a learning moment. Went back to 10.3, then when I felt adventurous again, I installed iTunes 10.5 on a separate machine which I use now to do my iOS 5 updates. That way, I keep my "normal" iTunes library separate (since I haven't updated my iPhone, I keep it sync'd with the 10.3 iTunes, and only sync the iPad with 10.5.)

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
i'm so sick of responses like that, just keep them to yourself. i know it's a beta, i know what machine i was installing it on, i knew all the risks.

I'd be more fine with it if people didn't keep complaining about how buggy beta software is. If you knew the risks, it shouldn't be any surprise that the software isn't functioning exactly as expected. I mean, I have the Uncharted 3 beta on my PS3. Am I complaining to Sony or on the boards that all the matches aren't working perfectly? No, because that's the nature of the beast.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011

I have downgraded and used my same library just fine afterword?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.