Downgrade from Lion to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nychot, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I just got my new MBP with lion but i cant use my version of ms office for mac. so i called the apple store which is a few miles from me, made an appointment brought it in with my leopard and snow leopard disks and they said cool, we dont even need your disks, took it in the back and 15 minutes lion is gone and snow leopard 10.6.8 is on board with office and word working perfectly. now i am in total synch with my mac mini running SL and office. will do lion when its more stable and i figure out a compatible word processor. :D

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

3. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Ah. Either of the newer versions will work with Lion.

5. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

08 and 11? I hear 11 is a pita brcause its constantly monitiored by ms. I'm not sure what the issues are with 08. I'm also not sure if my 04 word files are compatible with 08. In any case im happy right now. In the short time i had lion i found a lot of things i didnt like and some i did but i feel secure with snow leopard.

6. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

You need 2011 as 2008 use rosetta for the installer.
    Also don't try downgrading. Major system instability.

7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Hmmmm, one genius tried to install SL and it failed and another said it was not possible.

8. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I'd highly recommend you upgrade the Office 2011 (You should be able to find it easily :D) instead of downgrade it. That's too much work to do. I also think 2011 is the best version of Office :)

One quick question, does you MacBook Pro box have a "Blue" Lion wallpaper/desktop on it? Thanks.

9. realchimera macrumors regular

Can I sell my legal official registration number for cheap on this forum ?

10. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

They were wrong. In fact my genius said he did the same thing on his own machine because he had software that was incompatible with lion. There sre no problems. When the 2011 mbp came out it had sl on it. Then lion came out and apple put lion on everything.:p

----------

No instability at all. In fact the 2011 moc came with sl before lion was introduced. My grnius said he downgraded because he had pgms that didnt run on lion. Apple just wants you to THINK the mbp 2011 requires lion for whatever reason.

----------

Not too much work for me at all. He did it in 20 minutes while i chatted with some chick. Now i dont have to spend a hundred or so dollars for office 11 that i hear is an issue with ms monitoring. And i dont have to deal with early lion issues.

----------

Not too much work for me at all. He did it in 20 minutes while i chatted with some chick. Now i dont have to spend a hundred or so dollars for office 11 that i hear is an issue with ms monitoring. And i dont have to deal with early lion issues.

11. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

I'd consider going from Lion to Snow Leopard an upgrade;

longer battery life
    less heat
    less bugs
    better software compatibility
    better memory optimization
    more options for customization (expose, anyone?)

Lion is just one step forward to allowing Apple lock down the user experience a la iOS. Do not want.