Downgrade help...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pencil333, Nov 8, 2010.

1. pencil333 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm accidentally downloaded 4.1 firmware 5.14.02 iOS for my Iphone 3G without realizing it would ruin my unlock. I got it unlocked today too. So I looked around the internet for any downgrading but did not prevail.

The farthest I got was to the 1015 error which redirects the Iphone into the "recovery state."

If there is any tutorial to successfully downgrade my Iphone 3G, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Your only hope of an unlock is the fuzzyband program which will downgrade your modem firmware if you have the ultra super duper mega rare 5.08 boot loader.

3. pencil333 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a link to that program or tutorial on here?

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/products/view/f0recast.snow
    Use F0recast and see if you have 5.08 bootloader = use Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband.

If you do, JB with Redsn0w which adds Cydia. In Cydia, install Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband, and then, install Ultrasn0w to unlock.

If you don't, you will need to wait for possible 5.14 baseband unlock. As to when, nobody knows. Latest rumor is shortly after 4.2 firmware is released.

5. pencil333 thread starter macrumors newbie

My Bootloader is 6.4 so I guess it is impossible to successfully downgrade the baseband and jailbreak/unlock?

Will the jailbreak/unlock come out for the 4.2 iSO? Which is pretty much next week.

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

You can JB 4.1 with Redsn0w, but no unlock 5.14 baseband They are two different things.

As to 4.2 JB and new unlock, we only know rumors. Wait and see is your only option.