Downgrade iOS 5 beta 2 to 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 128MB, Jun 25, 2011.

1. 128MB macrumors newbie

I know beta 1 was downgradeable. Anyone with beta 2 tried?

Thanks!

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

They will all be downgradeable. You just have to put your iDevice in DFU mode and click restore in iTunes, since Apple is still signing iOS 4.3.3 and its baseband.

3. 128MB thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice! Thanks for the quick response. Silly question - why then could we not downgrade previous betas since Apple was still signing the current version back then?

4. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

you don't even have to put it in DFU mode, I'm restoring 4.3.3 right now

5. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

I think the baseband changed? but I'm not sure

6. theturtle macrumors 6502a

i hate when i sound like a dumb noob but i too was wondering how to downgrade beta 2 to 4.3.3. Im using itunes beta 2 and i put my phone in DFU mode but after a long wait, i get the dreaded 1603 error. Any help on what to do?

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I downgraded my iPhone and iPad last night using iTunes 10.5 beta 2 on my iMac. Here's what I did:

1) Put the device into recovery mode (not DFU mode) which I did because I was too lazy to locate the firmware myself ;)
    2) When iTunes started up telling me I had a device in recovery mode, I clicked Restore and confirmed that I wanted to restore.
    3) There is no step 3: That's all I did and it worked fine

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Been to beta 2 and back twice now, and will be staying on beta 2 as it's far smoother than 4.3.3 from my experience.

9. Solei macrumors newbie

I got a copy of iOS 5 Beta and Beta 2 from a Friend who's a Developer. So they are legit copies with updated hard ware numbers. I am trying to go back to 4.3.5 for a couple reasons...

1. iOS 5 is buggy and most apps don't work that i use on a regular basis

2. It expired today and I can't get a copy of Beta 3 for a week or so, so my phone is useless..

I try and follow your steps to go back to iOS 4, and it says that I am not eligible for the requested build.

Any ideas?

10. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Apple isn't signing 4.3.3 anymore, you MUST downgrade to 4.3.5

11. itsalexaye macrumors regular

maybe other people should have said the most recent public iOS release a.k.a. 4.3.5 not 5b4