Downgrade ios 9 beta 4 to beta 3

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by hydrogene75, Aug 4, 2015.

1. hydrogene75 macrumors newbie

Hello as beta 4 is too slow and less smooth I would like to get back to the beta 3 by doing a restore through itunes however I would like to know if I will be able to use my backup made with the beta 4 or no ?
    Thank you

2. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

It should work since it's still iOS 9 but beware that betas all have expiration dates. We're very likely close to the expiration date for beta 3 and if you're on a beta when it expires, you will have to wipe the phone and restore from backup.

3. hydrogene75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I heard there was no expiration date on the ios 9 betas are you sure about it ?

4. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I'm just basing it off history. All previous betas iOS 4 to iOS 8 had expiration dates. Better safe than sorry.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

iOS 9 betas have no expiration dates but I don't believe any of them are being signed anymore aside from beta 4.

6. hydrogene75 thread starter macrumors newbie

So can you please tell me what will be the simplest way to downgrade my beta 4 to the beta 3 please ? I dont wanna get *****d up

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

I already said you can't. Apple isn't signing any of the betas except for beta 4.

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I don't think you can. It's either last official release (8.4) or latest beta (9.0 beta 4)

Just hold tight, beta 5 is around the corner and could be as soon as tomorrow, if not, then likely day this next Monday/Tuesday coming up.

9. newellj macrumors 601

I tried going from PB2 to PB1 with no success. It doesn't appear to be possible.

10. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I haven't tried this exact circumstance but I was able to install Beta 1 after the fact that Beta 2 and 3 was released. However others are saying Apple isn't signing old beta so I don't know

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

If someone points me to the file for B3 (I did not download that one from the developers site, I only have 1 & 4), I will be happy to try it. B4 is not allowing me to fully restore my iCloud backup so I am curious if B3 will.

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

It won't work. Beta 3 is no longer being signed by Apple. There's nothing to try.

13. hydrogene75 thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually got it working without even restoring to ios 8.4 i just clicked on option + search for updates on itunes then i selected the beta 3 ipsw file and it was installed but only matter my sms wasn't backed up and I had to manually restore some apps.