Downgrade iPad 1 back to 3.2.2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by icomputered, Nov 27, 2011.

1. icomputered macrumors member

After updating to iOS 5.0.1, I feel like Apple's software updates slow down my iPad 1. I remember that when I upgraded to 4.0, I felt the same way. It seems that with every new software update, Apple slows down the iPad 1 a little more. As of now, my iPad just feels slower and lags when doing things. It doesn't have much lag, but when my iPad was new, it always felt so quick and fast, unlike now. Does anyone know if there is a way to downgrade to 3.2.2 (or at least 4.3.5)? I have tried many of the guides online, but I keep getting a message that the build isn't eligible. Also, I am willing to jailbreak and/or downgrade iTunes to do this.

Thanks!

ALSO: I have tried restoring and setting up my iPad as a new device, but it's still the same speed.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you don't have your SHSH blobs, you can't downgrade. Use TinyUmrella to see which iOS versions you have your blobs for.

3. icomputered thread starter macrumors member

Is there any way to create an SHSH blob for an older version of iOS using my ECID?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No, only Apple can do that. Once they stop signing the older versions, there is no way to get them.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No. If there was, people would mention it when mentioning SHSH blobs.

6. icomputered thread starter macrumors member

Aw, well thanks guys. At least now, I will remember to always back up my SHSH blobs with my new devices. I'm not going to make this mistake again...

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Starting with iOS 5.0, Apple has changed the way the blobs are used so that they can only be used once. It is unknown if they will ever be reusable.