Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icomputered

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
After updating to iOS 5.0.1, I feel like Apple's software updates slow down my iPad 1. I remember that when I upgraded to 4.0, I felt the same way. It seems that with every new software update, Apple slows down the iPad 1 a little more. As of now, my iPad just feels slower and lags when doing things. It doesn't have much lag, but when my iPad was new, it always felt so quick and fast, unlike now. Does anyone know if there is a way to downgrade to 3.2.2 (or at least 4.3.5)? I have tried many of the guides online, but I keep getting a message that the build isn't eligible. Also, I am willing to jailbreak and/or downgrade iTunes to do this.

Thanks!

ALSO: I have tried restoring and setting up my iPad as a new device, but it's still the same speed.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If you don't have your SHSH blobs, you can't downgrade. Use TinyUmrella to see which iOS versions you have your blobs for.

icomputered

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
If you don't have your SHSH blobs, you can't downgrade. Use TinyUmrella to see which iOS versions you have your blobs for.

Is there any way to create an SHSH blob for an older version of iOS using my ECID?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
No, only Apple can do that. Once they stop signing the older versions, there is no way to get them.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Aw, well thanks guys. At least now, I will remember to always back up my SHSH blobs with my new devices. I'm not going to make this mistake again...

Starting with iOS 5.0, Apple has changed the way the blobs are used so that they can only be used once. It is unknown if they will ever be reusable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.