Downgrade iPad 2 CDMA from 5.0 to 4.3.x

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by stlblufan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. stlblufan, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

stlblufan macrumors regular

stlblufan

I've heard mixed reports on whether it is possible to downgrade a GSM or CDMA iPad 2--assuming saved SHSH, etc.

Can anyone with experience let me know whether it is possible?

Thanks!

2. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I believe it will fail when it tries to Downgrade the baseband.
    You might be able to kick it out of recovery after it fails using the app who's name I forget right now but I think the last time I tried on my 3G iPad it left me being unable to jailbreak it because of the mismatching baseband/firmware

3. Siggen macrumors 6502

In theory you will not need an SHSH blob, and you cannot downgrade the baseband but can live with the never (if it were updated).

All you need to do in theory is go into DFU modus and install stock firmware that is still being signed, or one with your saved SHSH blob.

Your backup will not work anymore, you need to set it up as a new device, but if you still have your old backup from the old FW you can use that.

To get into DFU modus, just youtube it, cause you need to hold down the buttons at the correct time intervals and stuff.

4. Gromet macrumors regular

Gromet

I was running the IOS5 Beta and had nothing but issues. I went back to 4.3.3 no problem.

I just plugged my iPad into my laptop. Downloaded the 4.3.3 .IPSW, and restored my iPad using that firmare. No issues at all.

Also, once the firmware was restored, I restored to a backup from when I was on 4.3.3 before I upgraded to the Beta. No issues at all.

-Gromet

5. stlblufan thread starter macrumors regular

stlblufan

Sweet, thanks Gromet.