Downgrade iPad 4 to iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mcalict, Apr 8, 2018.

1. mcalict macrumors member

2. Avenged110 macrumors 6502

Avenged110

No, unfortunately. iOS 6 ran wonderfully on that device until [anything after] ruined it.

3. TRDmanAE86 macrumors 6502

TRDmanAE86

I don't believe the iPad 4 ever got iOS 11. Are you sure the intended downgrade device is an iPad 4?

4. TRDmanAE86 macrumors 6502

TRDmanAE86

I'm asking if you have a iPad 4 because I've been reading up regarding downgrading various devices. To my understanding, the x86 architecture are easier to downgrade than x64 architecture.

Supposedly, the iPad 4 is x86 architecture and, through jailbreaking you can downgrade to any compatible iOS version given to that device even if apple no longer signs it and/or you lost your SHSH blobs.

5. mcalict thread starter macrumors member

I was looking at a used one in nice shape. They claimed it had "the latest iOS" but you never know what that really means unless you can get your hands on it. It obviously was =>7 because of the look of the icons.

Thanks for the responses.

6. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

If you're trying to downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 6, it's sadly not possible. They stopped signing iOS 6 long ago.

7. mcalict thread starter macrumors member

There are threads here where people have downgraded when Apple 'accidentally' re-opened a window and allowed signings again. I know in general it is not possible.

8. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

Well yes the only way to downgrade it would be if Apple signed all the OS's again.

9. TRDmanAE86 macrumors 6502

TRDmanAE86

I stand corrected. As it turns out, I don't think the iPad 4 can be manupulated to downgrade to iOS 6 via jailbreak without it being signed or, having the SHSH blobs. I misread the article saying you needed your SHSH blobs.