Downgrade iPhone4 from 4.1 to 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BassJunkieDan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. BassJunkieDan macrumors newbie

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Only way to do it is if you saved your 4.0.2 shsh's either locally with Tinyumbrella or on cydias server.

3. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Only way to do it is if you saved your 4.0.2 shshs either locally with Tinyumbrella or on cydia's server.

4. BassJunkieDan thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    Many people have been posting about those issues and even with some stock car bluetooth features not working any more with 4.1.
    Unfortunately you cannot downgrade to previous firmware without those blobs saved back when 4.0.2 was still signed.

6. BassJunkieDan thread starter macrumors newbie

Crap. Thanks for the info - hope they fix it!

7. pbateman macrumors 6502

how would i go about downgrading if i saved my 4.0.1 SSHh on Cydia's server?
    I upgraded to 4.1 due to the slowness of the 3G and it's working much better. However I might have an opportunity to sell my 3G but they want it J/B and unlocked (can i even unlock if I go back to 4.01 or did the baseband change and I'm SOL?)
    I did save my SSh in Cydia's server when i Jailbroke back in 4.01 (or 4.0 dont recall).

Thanks

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Unless you upgraded to 4.1 using TinyUmbrella's posted method, you did in fact update your baseband as well. At this time, you cannot unlock, though if your blobs are saved, you'll at least be able to downgrade to 4.0.1 and still JB. Check out the TU blog for more details.

If your buyer wants an unlock, you'll have to wait until they find/release an unlock for the updated baseband. Hopefully that's sooner rather than later.

9. pbateman macrumors 6502

I guess i upgraded my baseband. I guess I'll have to wait then, no much use in jailbreaking since I can't unlock it which is what he wants.
    Thanks for the info!!