Downgrade JB iPhone4 iOS5 to 4.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by r2fa3l, Jun 7, 2011.

1. r2fa3l macrumors regular

Hi, is it possible to downgrade from iOS 5 if you had your shsh or whatever they're called stored on Cydia?

Just wondering, as someone scammed me & bricked my iPhone right now on iOS5 (why do people do this dammit)....

Anyway just wondering if it's possible as my phone is bricked right now :( , or if anyone could help me activate it?

Thanks

2. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

How did they scam you and brick your phone? Tried putting it into DFU mode and restoring via iTunes to 4.3.3?

3. r2fa3l thread starter macrumors regular

I paid for them to add my UDID -____- haha. and yeah it's like on the "apple can't detect it as a dev phone" status.....
    :(

and i'll try thanks so much for replying

4. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

It's likely they have not added it - maybe give it a couple of hours or so? Maybe they will get round to it.

5. r2fa3l thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Good news! I put it in DFU mode and it's currently downloading and it's going to restore! Great news for me haha :D

Thanks again for replying.

I'll try to get someone else to put me in their Dev Account :D

6. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

7. komitsukai macrumors newbie

Same issue

I bricked my iPhone 4 and can't get iTunes to restore the device to 4.3.3. I keeps saying that my device isn't eligible for this version. Anyone have any suggestion on how I can get back to 4.3.3. I've no success all day. Thanks.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Edit your host file. Google if you don't know what this means.

9. komitsukai macrumors newbie

I know what this means, however I'm not sure nor can I find yet what specifically I need to edit in my host file. If you have any specifics that be great, thanks.