Downgrade Leopard to Tiger, Pro Tools

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by msizzle64, Feb 24, 2008.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

I upgraded my friends Powerbook G4 15" 1.6 GHz to leopard from tiger. but me being unaware that pro tools is not compatible with leopard. it just won't start up. and also a app called reason shows a "MIDI Failed" message and then quits. also garageband doesn't want to launch. and in the dock, about every 10 seconds a folder pops up and starts bouncing and its title is "MIDI" and some more words that i don't remember. so he asked me if i could downgrade him back to tiger. but i don't know how to do a restore. i DON'T what to erase his HD, i just want to reinstall the operating system. How do i do this? and he can't find his Powerbook Restore disks, so would a regular tiger install disk work? would other powerbook restore disks work? and would this RESOLVE THE PROBLEM??????? if not, what will?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!! :apple:

2. Sir Pancakes macrumors member

Sir Pancakes

I had the same problem, so I installed Tiger on an External firewire drive and boot from it when I need Pro Tools. Do a little searching and you can find the specifics of what you have to do. It works great.