Downgrade Lion Server to Snow Leapord Server Help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by npcadmin, Jan 19, 2012.

  1. npcadmin macrumors newbie

    Jan 19, 2012
    I recently received my new Mac Pro Server with Lion OS X 10.7.2 Server installed.

    First....where is the Lion Server CD? I purchased the server and if I have to reinstall, where do I get the software and do I have pay for that again or is the initial purchase of the server a one time offer with the Lion software. I would think that because I purchased it once ($8K) I would not have to pay for the software that is already installed.

    Second...I have to downgrade to Snow Leapord. Is there a free downgrade option or do I have to purchase that software seperately. I'm ok with buying the software but would like to save money if possible.

    *I may revert back to Lion at a later date that is why I would like to have the original CD for the current OS.

    The software requirements for Aqua Connect does not support Lion so I have to downgrade. Aqua Connect allows terminal services connections and will be used in our VDI environment and that is why this information is needed.

    Thank you,

  2. prisstratton macrumors 6502a


    Dec 20, 2011
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I cannot profess to know anything about the server products, but I would "think" that you likely have a Recovery HD partition on your server that will allow you to re-install the server OS after a failure. The partition is hidden in the desktop OS, so I would assume the same with yours. This is not a full installation, but is a base image that allows you to boot and start the recovery process.

    I do not know about the downgrade, I would ask Apple that question. But, for any reasonable company it sounds like it should be an option IMO.

    Is this the software that you are using?
    Screen Shot 2012-01-19 at 9.10.05 PM.JPG
  3. npcadmin thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 19, 2012
    That does look like the software. The version I have is 3645. I was able to get 3734 tonight which is listed as a Beta.

    I imagine that Aqua Connect will soon have the proper version for Lion, I am just waiting for my sales rep to get back to me with a non-beta version.

    I'm also waiting for our Apple rep to get back to me regarding downgrading to SL if necessary and to determine if my new Mac hardware is even compatible with SL.

    Thanks for the response.

Share This Page