Downgrade mid 2011 iMac 21.5 down to Lion from Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aPple nErd, Mar 25, 2013.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok how should i go about downgrading? im sick of mountain lion. any help is appreciated. thanks

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

If you bought Lion, you should have the option to download it from the Mac App Store. If it's not there, and you don't have a bootable clone of your system under Lion or copy of the installer app, then you're out of luck.

Can I ask: what do you think is better under Lion? Mountain Lion is nearly universally acknowledged to be "Lion done right".

3. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Is there a problem that I prefer lion over mountain lion!? I just like it better. The computer came preloaded with lion. Cant I just do a restore? Or get a flas drive from someone else with a lion Mac with a system image on it?

4. benwiggy macrumors 68020

No problem, no. But perhaps the thing you don't like can actually be configured differently, to be the same as what you liked in Lion. I'm asking in case there's an alternative to downgrading available to you.

I think the Recovery Partition will get upgraded to ML when you installed that. If you have a Time Machine backup of the Lion system, you may be able to restore that. (But you'll then have to restore your changes to documents since then.)
    If you know someone who has the Lion install disk image on a flash drive, then yes, you can use that.