Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tayhoenes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Well I am having a buzzing issue coming from the left side of my macbook 2.2GHz SR. It can only be heard in a quite room. I think it is the same issue that other owners have noticed. I returned one macbook because of the noise and now my new one does the same thing.
I got the new one from a Apple Store, does anyone know if I can "downgrade" to the 2.16GHz model? Do Apple Stores still have those in stock.

I know people might think I am nuts but the buzzing is extremely annoying and I would much rather have a great working older model than the newest model.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Just stick it out. I had to send back my MBP because of the yellow screen, then I had to send back the replacement because of the same thing. Now my third one is great. I'm glad I didn't get a macbook like I was thinking about doing. But i did have to wait an extra month to finally get it...

What do you plan to do with your MB? The biggest upgrade to the new SR model is the new integrated video chip. Are you doing any sorts of graphics stuff or gaming?

tayhoenes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
I'm not doing any editing and I don't play many games either. I am not sure if I stick it out that all will be well. If I return this one and the next one buzzes I think I might try to downgrade...I think they are using a different fan or something in these new SR macbooks.
I guess I could try taking it back one more time. Does the Apple Store even carry the older models?

Is there anyone that has bought the new macbook SR with a buzz and returned it for a good one?

Coops46

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
My 2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook, (not SR) that i recieved in replacement for my old core duo, buzzes too when on my lap. I think its not restricted to the model, just certain laptops. Ask for a replacement SRMB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.