downgrade or jailbreak possible for 4.02 iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sepp, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sepp macrumors member

Allright, here's my situation:

Yesterday I purchased an iPhone 4 off-contract - the shop guy couldn't say if it was 4.01 or 4.02, so I jumped in the boat anyway.

When I connected it to my mac , I saw that it it 4.02 unfortunately. I find all the jailbreak and downgrade info quite confusing, as some threads work just for the 3GS - others don't work at all apparently...

Is it possible to make my new baby work at this time? I am in the US for a road trip, and would like to use the iPhone with a prepaid card as long as I am here.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Joe

2. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Not happening.

3. Resevdog macrumors regular

Nope. 4.0.2 on the iPhone4 is not downgradable without shsh on the same device for 4.0.1. So, like you probably know, out of the box 4's with 4.0.2 are stuck until the 4.1 jailbreak is released which could be this afternoon...could be in a week...could be a month. They have the exploit already and supposedly it will work on nearly all ios4 devices.

4. Sepp thread starter macrumors member

sound at least good - means a jailbreak for 4.1 is definitely in the works? I can wait a month, no problem - will have to use my old phone as long as I am in the states though.

what is shsh btw?

Thanks,

Joe

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, if you got it recently and it was never JB before then you cant downgrade it or JB on 4.0.2
    Update to 4.1 and wait for the new JB to be out.

6. Sepp thread starter macrumors member

ok, updating to 4.1 - does that also mean that a 4.02 jailbreak will never ever happen?

J

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is correct.
    They announced that they will not release a JB for 4.0.2 and that they are working on a 4.1 JB at the moment.