Downgrade to 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by slipper, May 19, 2010.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Is this possible? Replaced my iPhone with AppleCare, less than 1 hour old, and i need my iPhone unlocked for my travel.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

what model do you have and what baseband. the biggest problem could be the base band and if you 3GS if you saved ECID on cydia or your computer. again this only applies to the 3GS but baseband matter no matter what!

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He said what model not baseband.
    If it's a 3GS or even a 3G model the baseband cannot be downgraded even if u could go to 3.1.2
    So all you can do is wait a month or 2 for a new unlock to be released.

5. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

Its a 3GS... just read an article off google... guess im SOL :mad:

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

yup you can JB not unlock at the moment. BTW Google is awesome. also not sure why your mad you are the one that upgraded that's the problem with upgrading firmware. did you at least save your ECID? still can't unlock right now though.

7. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

as above, however if you are in UK and on O2 network you can get an official unlock :cool:

8. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

I didn't upgrade... my iPhone was replaced with AppleCare.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry that's a bummer where are you located? as Pez555 mentioned some carriers will unlock for you. I wish AT&T did but it doesn't. just about any other phone though! :rolleyes:

10. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

Tell me about it. I called them telling them i needed to use the phone abroad. They were totally helpful and said they can help me unlock my phone until i told them i had an iPhone. :(

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

yeah it's odd that this only seems to effect the Iphone. Makes me wonder if Apple has a voice in this. though I don't know why they would. the only thing I could suggest is try a add on Craigslist see if somebody would trade a 3.1.2 for 3.1.3 might have to toss some green in but worth a try.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

AT&T won't unlock iPhones cause they are HUGE moneymaker for them (minutes plus texts plus data plan) and because such a huge number of AT&T accounts come from the iPhone.

A huge number of iPhone accounts would just go to T-Mobile if AT&T unlocked them (AT&T is not that stupid)

Apple doesn't care in the least. Once you buy the iPhone, they have their only revenue from the iPhone sale/account. Apple gets no other revenue after that so Apple could care less if AT&T unlocked every iPhone they every sold.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly what he said above.
    Apple unlocks many iPhones that they sell thru other providers overseas.
    AT&T has them locked down in the us and it might also be included in their exclusive agreement.