Downgrade to 4.1 on Bell

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dhelsdon, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I need to jailbreak my friends iP4 running the latest firmware (4.2?) so I know I need to downgrade to 4.1 for an untethered JB.

Just curious if Bell locks them? Is there anything different I should do prior to the jailbreak, would baseband be affected and if so what difference would it make.

Last question, when I JB'd my iP4 I didn't need to downgrade. Nor did I save anything with TinyUmbrella.. Was this dumb?

2. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Download tiny umbrella and see what's available for your friend's phone - can't downgrade without the SHSHs.

As long as he's using Bell for a carrier it being locked or not doesn't really matter as far as I know.

As for you phone - did you hit the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia when you first jailbroke your phone? If so, did you jailbreak before iOS 4.2 came out? If so, open Cydia and see if it lists those SHSH blobs at the top (highlighted in yellow in the example).

[​IMG]

If you want to always be able to jailbreak, you should always try to save your blobs just in case.

3. Dhelsdon thread starter macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yupp that was the first thing I did after jailbreaking, after reading countless horror stories I knew better.