Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

JayS90

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
London, UK
Hi guys,

Just wanted some quick advice.

I have an iPhone 3GS currently running a tethered 5.1 jb, but I've managed to save the SHSH for 4.1 using TinyUmbrella and was considering downgrading to 4.1 so I can jb to 5.0.1 until an untethered jb is released for 5.1.

What would your advice be? Shall I go ahead and downgrade, or just stick it out and wait for an untethered 5.1?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fredericks

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
I would stick with 5.1 since it has quite a lot more features compared to 4.1. Just don't screw around in cydia when you don't have a computer around and you should be fine.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Hi guys,

Just wanted some quick advice.

I have an iPhone 3GS currently running a tethered 5.1 jb, but I've managed to save the SHSH for 4.1 using TinyUmbrella and was considering downgrading to 4.1 so I can jb to 5.0.1 until an untethered jb is released for 5.1.

What would your advice be? Shall I go ahead and downgrade, or just stick it out and wait for an untethered 5.1?

Thanks!

As someone who just upgraded from 4.1, I'd stick w/ 5.1.

FYI - you can't get on 5.0.1 now without SHSH blobs & APTicket saved from that firmware whether you downgrade to 4.1 first or not.

JayS90

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
London, UK
As someone who just upgraded from 4.1, I'd stick w/ 5.1.

FYI - you can't get on 5.0.1 now without SHSH blobs & APTicket saved from that firmware whether you downgrade to 4.1 first or not.

And this is why I suck it up and ask the question, because I usually overlook something! :rolleyes: thanks for all the advice guys, I'll stick with 5.1! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.