Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

JayS90

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
40
0
London, UK
Hi guys,

Just wanted some quick advice.

I have an iPhone 3GS currently running a tethered 5.1 jb, but I've managed to save the SHSH for 4.1 using TinyUmbrella and was considering downgrading to 4.1 so I can jb to 5.0.1 until an untethered jb is released for 5.1.

What would your advice be? Shall I go ahead and downgrade, or just stick it out and wait for an untethered 5.1?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:

Fredericks

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
34
0
I would stick with 5.1 since it has quite a lot more features compared to 4.1. Just don't screw around in cydia when you don't have a computer around and you should be fine.
 

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
652
1
GA, USA
Hi guys,

Just wanted some quick advice.

I have an iPhone 3GS currently running a tethered 5.1 jb, but I've managed to save the SHSH for 4.1 using TinyUmbrella and was considering downgrading to 4.1 so I can jb to 5.0.1 until an untethered jb is released for 5.1.

What would your advice be? Shall I go ahead and downgrade, or just stick it out and wait for an untethered 5.1?

Thanks!

As someone who just upgraded from 4.1, I'd stick w/ 5.1.

FYI - you can't get on 5.0.1 now without SHSH blobs & APTicket saved from that firmware whether you downgrade to 4.1 first or not.
 

JayS90

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
40
0
London, UK
As someone who just upgraded from 4.1, I'd stick w/ 5.1.

FYI - you can't get on 5.0.1 now without SHSH blobs & APTicket saved from that firmware whether you downgrade to 4.1 first or not.

And this is why I suck it up and ask the question, because I usually overlook something! :rolleyes: thanks for all the advice guys, I'll stick with 5.1! :D
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.