Downgrade to 4.2.8 from 4.2.10

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by willimammoth, Sep 4, 2011.

1. willimammoth macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I bought my iPhone 4 about a month ago. It came with 4.2.8, but like an idiot, I upgraded to 4.2.10 when it asked me to. now I want to jailbreak and I know I can't with this 4.2.10. I have read up on downgrading, and I understand that one needs to have SHSH something or others on their computer. Of course, I never saved mine, but my question is, can I downgrade if i know someone who saved their SHSH to their computer via their iPhone 4? or would I have had to do it from my iPhone?

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately if you didn't save your SHSH blobs then you can't downgrade... the blobs are unique for each iphone.

Having said that, you CAN jailbreak 4.2.10. I did it last night. But be warned that it is a tethered jailbreak... meaning that if your battery completely dies or you completely power off your phone then you will need to reconnect it to a PC in order to boot up.

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I am in the same boat ( i have 4.2.10) i was JB for about 2 months on 4.2.8 but i added a few tweaks that i could not back out of and screwed up my phone functionality enough that i decided to restore and when i did ended up with 4.2.10.

I am trying to live without JB and wait for the iOS5 roll out, but it is painful. I miss BiteSMS, SBSettings, Infinidock, lockscreen info and being able to nest folders.

I had teatherme but i ended up not using that so much, but the others are tough to give up.

I am a little scared of the teathed JB there were a few times over the last 2 months where i needed to completely power down my phone to get the phone to receive email correctly.

I also noticed that the proximity sensor (i think that is what it is, turns the screen black when you are on a call) had not been always working i had blamed it on the ottercase but now that i am back with the stock phone it is working again, so something i had added through the JB somehow was interfering with it.

If I JB again i will most likely not go a crazy as i did with the tweaks.

4. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

No. Each iPhones has a unique SHSH number. So if you didn't save YOUR blobs you CANNOT downgrade. you cannot use someone else's.

You can still jailbreak but it tether of course.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

what r u guys using for the tethered jb of 4.2.10

6. beastmode16 macrumors regular

u can jb 4.2.10 with redsn0w 0.9.87ba however its is tethered.