Downgrade to iOS 7 Beta 1 (iPod touch 5th gen)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mszigeti, Jun 29, 2013.

1. mszigeti macrumors newbie

Hi!

When the iOS 7 BETA 1 released, i installed it without any problem. Now i wanted to do the same thing with BETA 2, but there was an error message about the developer program - as i expected, but i also hoped that it's not gonna be necessary as i don't have a registered UDID and as i said, i installed the first beta without it, so i don't understand, whatever.

So ok, i thought who the heck cares, let's downgrade to BETA 1, i'm gonna wait for the full version with it. I have the firmware file of course, but now every time i connect to iTunes, it's locked, i cannot reach the usual iPod settings or basically anything else for that matter. Do i have a nice, 32GB brick now?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Since you don't seem to know what you are doing, might I suggest you go back to iOS 6? To do so, put your iPod into DFU mode, and restore in iTunes. You can google for instructions on how.

3. mszigeti thread starter macrumors newbie

DFU mode, i did not think about that one, thanks. So i can downgrade to beta 1 with it? Don't worry about me, i kinda know what i do.

4. mainer4101 macrumors member

I'm not sure those two things can be used in the same sentence.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, using DFU, you can only downgrade to the most current iOS 6 version. Once you are on iOS 6, you can upgrade back to iOS 7. I believe you can still upgrade to beta 1, but keep in mind that betas have expiration dates, and if you don't upgrade to more recent betas before then, your device will brick. At which point you will have to DFU back to iOS 6 again.

6. mszigeti thread starter macrumors newbie

As i said, i did not think about DFU mode as a solution, but i know exactly what it is. Why are you even care to respond if you don't have anything helpful to add, just want to question my competence? The internet would be a much better place without *******s like you, my friend (no).

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The first rule of tinkering with iOS devices is, if you run into trouble, try DFU. Since you didn't know that, I think it is quite reasonable for people to question your knowledge and competence.

8. mainer4101 macrumors member

I'm just playing around with you, relax. Any time you roll the dice with running a beta program, you need to prepare for something to go wrong. If something does, DFU mode and restore should be the first thing to pop into your head. You'll be fine. Also, as Night Spring said, be wary of the expiration dates for the Betas.

9. It's Electric macrumors member

Just a heads up: iOS 7 Beta 1 will expire on July 24, so you will need to change to another version of iOS before then.

10. mszigeti thread starter macrumors newbie

Installed BETA 2 easily with shift + update, instead of shift + restore. Not one of you suggested that. Please, tell me about my incompetence.. lol.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

We did not mention it because the forum mods have said that posting this trick here is against forum rules.

12. Northernist, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

Northernist macrumors member

Your "competence" appears to be extremely limited.

First of all, if you were so competent you would have the knowledge that beta seeds expire and thus you would not be able to use beta 1 until the final release...

Second, nobody suggested the method you used because it's against the rules to discuss it.

But oh, you didn't even know how to use DFU mode to restore back.. You must be so competent. Before you try to talk other people down, maybe you should work on your basic English skills and maybe do some research about iOS.

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

While I agree you with you on everything else you said, English isn't everyones first language...