iPad Pro 'Downgrade' to Mini or 9.7''?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheGman, Apr 8, 2016.

1. TheGman macrumors newbie

TheGman

i bought a 12.9'' 128gb LTE just over a month ago to compliment a 2012 Mac Mini that replaced my 2009 MBP. I was initially looking for the iPad mini 4 but was really blown away by the pro when using it in person at the Apple store.

The pro is great for my workflow: managed my company's info channel via email, creating BD proposals and presentations, SLACK, and Numbers (wondering how Excel is) mostly. I also do a ton of browsing and i stream quite a bit media (I got rid of my ATV4 in favor of Airserver on my Mac )- I also use chrome remote desktop for tasks that cannot be done on iOS .

I got T mobile's JUMP! service which offers 3 device 'upgrades' (or downgrades) per year.

But I paid retail for the iPad ($1079+ tax)and later the pencil and keyboard - was bummed when they later offered the 256 for roughly the same price.

Today, (on a whim) I bought a 128 GB LTE in mint condition (space grey, the color I initially wanted) for $700 cash. Original box, cables and charger - for less than half of what I paid. The bummer is that it doesn't have AppleCare+. I thought it was a good deal nonetheless and intended on selling it or gifting it to family.

Now I do not know of a need for two 12.9'' iPads, so I wondering, do I:

1) downgrade my original 12.9" to the 9.7" 128 or 256gb via JUMP, allowing me to use my pencil and use it as a more mobile device?

2) Sell the space gray iPad Pro?

Very interested to see what WWDC brings to the new Mac lineup w TB3.

Does anyone else use two different size iPads?

I have a 16gb Retina that I use primarily for streaming at home. It's too slow for anything really enjoyable outside of media playback - games, email and browsing are crippled on it.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My 12.9 iPPro is up for sale after I got my 9.7.

Not that I did not like it but the size novelty has worn off and typing on the larger keyboard is not near as good as the 9.7

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

If you're honestly considering a smaller iPad, then you should stop looking at them as downgrades, because while some aspects of the smaller iPads may not be as good as the Pro, there are areas where they're better.

4. TheGman thread starter macrumors newbie

TheGman

Could you expand on this please?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 8, 2016 ---
    I have long fingers and really appreciate the size of the q2.9' software keyboard, and really enjoy the ASK, although it is a bit flimsy

5. TheGman thread starter macrumors newbie

TheGman

Does anyone here have two 12.9 iPad pros and if so, what do you use them for?