Downgrade to SL, lose data?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by IJBrekke, Nov 2, 2011.

1. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

So for what I use my 2010 Air for, SL is just a better build at this point. Lion has spots of lag, worse battery life, runs warmer, and has broken certain features in programs I use constantly (Finale, MSWord, Coolbook). I need to downgrade, which I'll probably do simply by restoring from backup.

My question is this: If I downgrade, will I be able to use files created under the Lion OS? I'm talking about Finale and MSWord files, along with certain PDFs. I plan to move them manually to an external, downgrade, and then move them back to the hard drive. I don't want to go through the trouble if the files will not work after this process.

I hope someone can help. Thank you!

2. IJBrekke thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

As a follow-up, I went ahead and tried this. No issues, documents created with Lion open fine in SL.

And as a general comment, the 2010 11" MBA (1.6, 4gb, 128gb) runs considerably better on SL at this point. Lion didn't have issues per say, but it's clear that SL is the operating system this computer was designed to run. Just food for thought.