Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
i have a mid 2010 imac 27" with 16gb ram. i upgraded to lion and then had trouble installing win 7.so i tried to revert to snow leopard by holding down the c key and zeroing the drives. now snow leopard keeps stopping with about 28 minutes to go. i feel i have deleted too much and made a real mess. is there any simple way out of this? i only changed to mac cos my school uses final cut. its not been easy learning the new system. i feel like i have to be a mac insider... sorry

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think you need to repartition the drive (to remove/reclaim the recovery partition), not erase it, then reformat. Once that occurs you should be able to reinstall 10.6

uandg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
thank you. the drive was called untitled so i guess reformatting will name it correctly.

uandg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
the problem was caused by ram. it seems you have to revert to original ram for reinstallation. same goes for bootcamp. win 7 crashes if you add extra ram. not very impressive...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.