Downgrade Winterboard? Iphone 4 running 4.3.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by corey407woc, Oct 23, 2011.

1. corey407woc macrumors member

hey guys have the latest version of winterboard at the moment. running iphone 4 on 4.3.3 but the improvements they made to make it compatible with ios5 are making some of my themes to not show correctly.

can i find an older deb file and installit over the current one without uninstalling winterboard and lose all my themes thanks

2. TheXFactor macrumors regular

Same here. Upgraded to the latest Winterboard and now things aren't quite right. Springboard seems ok, but the LS isn't.

3. Daciplez macrumors newbie

Found a Solution

So I was having the same problems, once I updated to the newest Winterboard I couldnt change my Themes at all, it wouldnt even auto respring. I looked to see if I could find a fix but it was futile so I decided before going thru the hassle of Restoring I would try to DG Winterboard.

I found this super easy simple solution:

1) I got version Winterboard_0.9.3210-1 here:

http://uploading.com/files/get/m97b25e3/

That is a version 1 under the New iOS5 Winterboards, you might be able to find the 0.9.3211-1 with Google but this version works fine with my iPhone 4- 4.3.3.

2) After DL the file you have to get an SSH Program, I use WinSCP, if you need help getting that program or instructions just Google it there are tons of sites about it.

3) Simply SSH into:

var/ root/ media/ Cydia ( if no Cydia folder create one)/ AutoInstall ( create also ). Then drag n drop the winterboard .deb file into AutoInstall. Reboot phone, then respring and winterboard should be installed.

I didnt even have to uninstall the Current Version of Winterboard just drop the .deb file and reboot and boom my Winterboard was DG and everything was working just fine.

Hope this helps!!!

Signed up for this Forum just to let yall know cuz its annoying to search and not find a solution or when people ignore you. Neway Good Luck and God Bless!!!

4. corey407woc thread starter macrumors member

5. gd420mj macrumors newbie

I recently jb my iP4 at 4.3.3. with redsnow. More recently I noticed some winterboard themes just not working at all. For the first one it happened, I even emailed the developer. After googling, I wound up here. I tried this fix but it did not work for me. I am having trouble with both ls and springboard icons. Some themes seem complete, some only change badges and sounds, some only change ls.
    Any other suggestions? I can't figure this out and doesn't seem to be too much on google. Everything I read recommends re-jailbreaking. I'd prefer not.

One theme in particular that I really want to use is Christmas iPHone 4 Theme by Chode4eva. SUpposed to work on 4.3.3 and is developer tested on 4.3.3

I seem to have Winterboard 0.9.3903 installed.

THanks

6. jordanwar macrumors member

jordanwar