Downgraded back to OS 3.1.3 and cannot restore backup! cuz software too old

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by draxz, Jul 5, 2010.

1. draxz macrumors newbie

i Just downgraded to 3.1.3 from iOS 4 when I try to restore it says that the iphone software is too old.

I have tried to restore it using official firmware 3.1.3 and jailbroken 3.1.3
    please help

I am on a Mac

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

You can't restore a version 4.x backup onto a version 3.x.x firmware.
    You should have saved a previous backup from when your phone was running 3.x.x.

All you can do now is to setup your phone as new, and sync your stuff back.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

If you use Time Machine, you can restore your iPhone backups to the time just before you upgraded to 4.0.

4. jsherm macrumors newbie

Use old iPhone backup from TM

If you use Time Machine, you can restore your iPhone backups to the time just before you upgraded to 4.0.

How do you do that from TM?

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

In Finder, browse to username/library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/

Now click on Time Machine in your dock and it will open up to the folder you just browsed to. On the time line on the right, select whatever date you want to go back to and then make sure you select the backup folder and hit restore. It's easy once you go try it once.

6. nick1817 macrumors member

Thsi is kinda was has prevented me trying to go back to 3. I don't have a "backup" pre iOS4, that I'm aware of. I don't think it gives you an option to select which backup you want (timewise); liek if you were doing aa windows restore or soemthing.

That and they said the little add on you need (to exit recorvery mode) doesn't shake well with windows.

But my wifes 3g is CRAWLING on OS4.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I got a new 3GS delivered today just so I could have another phone besides my iPhone 4 that could handle iOS 4. I used one of my upgrades for it (I already have an iPhone 4).

3G on 4.0 is just too slow.