Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Has anyone else experienced this strange bug when you downgraded from iOS 10 where the music app no longer functions and your entire library is greyed out, and when you try to play anything in your library or beats1 or anywhere, it crashes?

How do I fix this? My music app is basically unusable! I've tried signing out, switching iCloud music library on and off, resetting all settings- nothing works.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Can you just delete your music library on device and sync again?
Use apps like iexplorer, browse to "iTunes_control" and delete everything inside that folder but not folder itself.
After that, try to sync your music again, or restart downloading from Apple Music.
This is risky, but I use it to solve music sync problems many times. Probably Apple updates iTunes library file format so that older iOS cannot read it correctly.

Kermetajb

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
Has anyone else experienced this strange bug when you downgraded from iOS 10 where the music app no longer functions and your entire library is greyed out, and when you try to play anything in your library or beats1 or anywhere, it crashes?

How do I fix this? My music app is basically unusable! I've tried signing out, switching iCloud music library on and off, resetting all settings- nothing works.
Same problem. I'll try what the other commenter suggested.

Kermetajb

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
Use apps like iexplorer, browse to "iTunes_control" and delete everything inside that folder but not folder itself.
After that, try to sync your music again, or restart downloading from Apple Music.
This is risky, but I use it to solve music sync problems many times. Probably Apple updates iTunes library file format so that older iOS cannot read it correctly.
Thank you so much for that fix. It totally worked!
[doublepost=1466371697][/doublepost]

The other user provided a great fix. Take a look!

Akihito

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2016
hey I made an account just to reply to this but, iexplorer? I searched it and it costs 4.99 )-: are there any other solutions? I really want my music back and iOS is so laggy and bad I don't want it anymore. please help, and thank you

Kermetajb

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2016
hey I made an account just to reply to this but, iexplorer? I searched it and it costs 4.99 )-: are there any other solutions? I really want my music back and iOS is so laggy and bad I don't want it anymore. please help, and thank you
If I remember correctly I believe you can use iexplorer for free with limitations or a time limit.

Akihito

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2016
If I remember correctly I believe you can use iexplorer for free with limitations or a time limit.
alright so I found a free version, but there's this and idk what to do from there

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 352

circa2016

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2016

Thanks a lot for the advice. This worked perfectly for me.

MacSafe

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015

Do you have any solution for missing SMS history? And safari history?

bruntig

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2016

Worked for me too. I've downgraded from iOS 10. It was buggy and many key apps did not work.
Finally downloaded the IPSW file and restored to iOS 9.3.4
iTunes was crashing. I think you're right, it is due to different formats for the new iOS
So deleting the folder using iexplorer and then adding the music again is one solution that has worked.

Thank you

Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.