Downgraded from iOS 5.1 to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thepyro395, Apr 4, 2012.

1. thepyro395 macrumors member

thepyro395

Last night I successfully downgraded my iphone 4 from 5.1 to 5.0.1. I found there are many ways to do this once you have a saved shsh blob for 5.0.1. One of the ways I found to do it for windows based machines was a program called iFaith.

I also found a way to do it with redsnow for users like me that don't have windows and are on mac machines.

http://jailbreakhow.net/downgrade-5.1-to-5.0.1-5.0-4.3.3-4.3.5-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-2-1-ipod-touch-4g-3g/

The URL has both methods on it. Hope this helps out someone.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This is well known for iPhone4 and older iDevices.
    As long as one has saved hash and APTicket file for 5.0.1, you just stitch those to an IPSW, then use that IPSW in iTunes to restore.

Redsn0w (at least the Mac version) will do this for you also.

3. thepyro395 thread starter macrumors member

thepyro395

I didn't know this to be completely honest. I spent about 4 hours last night finding a way to do this on a mac without iFaith. Thats the main reason that I posted this hopping I could help someone else save some time.

4. tuukka87 macrumors regular

tuukka87

is there any way to downgrade without the saved the hash and APticket file for 5.0.1 ? I am on 5.1 right now, and a tethered jailbreak, but would like to downgrade and get a untethered jailbreak.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Unfortunately, no.