Downgraded my 3G back to 3.13

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alywa, Aug 3, 2010.

1. alywa macrumors 6502

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but my 3G absolutely sucked with iOS 4. It was so slow and buggy it made the phone nearly unusable. Sure, the folders and iBooks was nice, but not at the expense of everything else.

The process was pretty simple, but very time consuming (took 2 hours including re-syncing / copying all of the music / apps / movies, etc). It is so nice to have a working iPhone again.

AT&T is currently upgrading our (rural) area to 3G, supposed to flip the switch on August 31st. I'm holding out until then to see if it really happens, if so I'll get an iPhone 4. If they don't meet their end of the bargain, I will sadly go to Verizon and android (which I really don't want to do, but I need a phone that actually works reliably).

Has anyone with a 3G had any real success with iOS4. The whole thing seems very un-apple to me.

2. hatemy3g macrumors newbie

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

If you don't use it, you could disable Spotlight Search in settings. It'll definitely speed up your 3G back to normal while using iOS 4.
    Its what I did before I got the iP4, and it does make a big difference in speed.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I agree that turning off Spotlight did seem to make a difference. But I also added Multitasking, Background Wallpaper and the Battery Percentage Meter via Redsn0w (No Cydia) and then I went to Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings and Content and this process took about an hour or so and then I re-synced all my media back. This process did seem to make my phone slightly faster but it obviously doesn't compare to my iPhone 4. just my $.02