Downgraded. Now how do I uninstall libusb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kahnyl, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I'm trying to find out how to remove it from my Mac. Google is no help unless you're on Windows.

Anybody know?

2. officepet macrumors newbie

same problem here. searched all over google, can't find an instruction for removing libusb on OSX. anyone?

3. mat13 macrumors newbie

You can use CleanMyMac. But if you don't want to use any program, you will have to find files for yourself. Here is the list of files you must trash to delete libusb:

[​IMG]

4. .NINK. macrumors newbie

So if you remove all those components libusb will no longer operate on your mac?

5. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I'm trying to do the same thing, but I can't find these files in Finder or in CleanMyMac...

6. .NINK. macrumors newbie

If you are in finder and hit " Shift + Command + G " then you can get there. I deleted my files that way but still I want to wipe all libusb components from my iMac. It should be map an app so you can just delete it.

7. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Well... When I go that route my MacBook is telling me I don't have permission to open those folders.

8. .NINK. macrumors newbie

To do that you have to right click the folders/files and hit get info. Then you can set the permissions near the bottom.

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I don't think libusb is harmful. Not sure why you want to delete it?

10. .NINK. macrumors newbie

I just heard it could sometimes just mess with the drives. Plus why have it if you don't need it?

11. jpipitone macrumors newbie

I've also found that having libusb installed results in greenpois0n not being able to find your device in DFU mode.

I had to uninstall libusb in order to jailbreak.