Downgraded or stuck with it?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mavis, Jul 28, 2013.

?

Are you back on iOS6, or sticking with iOS7?

1. Still on iOS 7

71.1%
  2. Downgraded some (not all) devices

8.4%
  3. Downgraded all devices

20.5%
  1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have gone back to 6.1.3/4 after trying b3? I downgraded my iPad 3 (kids' games didn't work) but I've been trying to be patient with my iPhone 5 (daily driver) ... I have lockups every other day or so, plus a handful of other bugs - I'm seriously considering going back to something more stable if they don't release b4 in the next day or two.

Anyone else? Have you stuck with it or gone back?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Back on ios 6 until notifications and the random lock ups are fixed

3. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I go back to iOS 6 since 7 its beta software and its not meant to be a daily driver. Hopefully as it gets closer to GM maybe I'll use it daily.

4. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

5. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I've been using iOS 7 on my daily driver (iP 5) since beta 1. Wouldn't dream of going back.

6. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

+ 1

Find it lot more pleasent to use then any other iOS versions. Of course there have been few bugs and some battery drainage but overall it has been good for me. Icons and colours are not something I am bothered as long as the funtionality is there. But even the icons (with safari exception) I like them more then the one on previous iOS's.

So there is no way of going back for me.

7. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Downgraded once after the first week of Beta 3, but couldn't stand iOS 6 so have gone back to iOS 7 Beta 3 and stuck with it for the best part of the last two weeks.

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Still running it on my ipads running ios6 on iPhone

9. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I find iOS 7 far, far more suited to the iPhone. The iPad version feels ... odd.

Can't put my finger on it, something is lacking.

10. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I thought it was fun on both still is fun on the iPad . I just couldn't afford to miss work calls on the phone anymore .

11. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Downgraded after 2 weeks on iOS7 b3. I tried to like it, but I can't hold on to the OS - the animations are slow, battery life sucks (it will be fixed though), it's too translucent, and (yes this has been heard a million times) I don't like how the icons are bigger and their design is ew.

After going back to iOS 6, things I miss are: toggling Safari private mode on/off from inside the app, celular data toggle is in settings and not hidden in a submenu, and brightness from the control center.

However, wow. iOS 6 is way faster, it's fluid and feels like what iOS should be like. If iOS 7 doesn't improve animation speed by release, I'm staying on iOS 6.

I think iOS 7 is like marmite - you either love it or you hate it. As much as I've tried to love iOS 7's new design and embrace it, I just can't get myself to like it.

12. gonzoguy24 macrumors member

Ditto. I have had it...I miss my iPhone. I am going back to iOS 6.

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I was introduced to b1 on a vacation trip in Md. and have been using it on my dd as well. I guess I'm not having all the issues so many are complaining about I find it running pretty well with only the occasional issue.

14. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

I downgraded my iPhone 5 because the battery life was horrible on beta 3. As soon as I went back to iOS 6, I got 9 hours of usage again, unlike the 2-3 I got on beta 3.

My iPad mini is still running iOS 7, but hopefully beta 4 comes out soon because I'm starting to think I should downgrade it too.

15. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I've gone back and forth on my phone; I am on vacation and wanted to make sure that my phone would be reliable on my road trip, so I put it back on iOS 6. I just upgraded back to 7 in anticipation of the beta; I will leave it that way until I head back home. My iPad I try the betas out on then have gone back to iOS 6 because it's not stable enough to use as a DD for my tastes.

16. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

Beta 2 really tempted me to roll back but I stuck it out and beta 3 hasnt caused any issues.

17. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Been using since iOS 7 beta 1 and never looked back to iOS 6

18. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Well, b4 seems to have taken care of most of the problems I was having, but now the play/pause button on my headphones doesn't work. :rolleyes:

19. FirdausRocky macrumors newbie

FirdausRocky

I will update the iOS upon the beta's release. If satisfied, i will continue in iOS 7, if not then back iOS 6.

20. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

I tried b4 on my iPad but went back due to compatibility issues (Breach and Clear runs really slow/choppy on my iPad 3) but otherwise, it seemed like a solid release. And it was nice to see lyrics working on the iPad, finally! I think I'm going to leave b4 on my iPhone; the only major bug (at least, the one bug that affects me most) is the headphone remote not working, but hopefully they'll sort that out in b5.