Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n.contemporary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Canada
I recently downgraded from Snow Leopard to Leopard and after getting back to Leopard I realized that most of the OS X apps such as Dashboard, Address Book, Automator, etc. are all not working. (They still appear under the APP folder but with the APP icon and a circle+cross through them).

I'm assuming this has something to do with SL being a newer version than Leopard. I backed up everything in Time Machine before the switch but I'm not sure what to do about getting those Apps back?

Any help would be appreciated :)

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Have you tried to open them?

When I recently installed some programs in snow leopard it had the circle and the cross through them until I opened them. Some said they were downloaded from the web and asked if I was sure I wanted to open them, and others just opened. Afterwards, the ¨no¨sign disappeared. The symbol really had me confused at first.

Haven't seen anything like that in Leopard though. It might be a problem with the version or something like you said. If you insert the Leopard DVD, there should be a folder that says bundled apps. Go into it and reinstall all the bundles again.

Another option is to use the Migration Assistant to reinstall all the applications as well through your time machine back ups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.