Downgrading 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by markmc2k8, Feb 3, 2009.

1. markmc2k8 macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded to a jailbroken and unlocked 2.2.1 2G. I am hugely regretting it because with the Scrobbled app that means my iphone to mean could be rendered useless for music playing. I was gutted to read that it doesn't work on 2.2.1

I was using 2.0.1, please is there anyway to get back to that?

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Wait for the app to update, or go in iTunes and shift-click Restore. This will restore your phone, but a list of previous firmwares should appear. If they don't you'll have to download the firmware you want from somewhere, then try again.

Backup your phone before doing this, because it will restore the phone, and you will loose everything on it.

There's a guide here.

3. markmc2k8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fantastic, I have the custom 2.0.1 firmware on my hard drive so if I restore that it will put that back on there? Then I can just run the jailbreak on that and then restore my iphone backup (Will the backup work going down firmwares?)

Please confirm that I have it right, I am always afraid of bricking.

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

If it is a custom .ipsw (firmware) then you will not need to re-jailbreak, as the firmware is custom.
    Repeat after me, You will not brick your phone. Ever. Bricking is impossible.

5. markmc2k8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I have done it and back to my original firmware :)

You are completely right this process is ridiculously easy now, I remember when it first came up the fear of bricking was eveywhere. I didn't realize it is impossible now.

Anyway I am happy again, there really wasn't that big a leap from 2.0.1 to 2.2.1