Downgrading 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 on Ipod Touch 3G 32GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jay84, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jay84 macrumors newbie

I have firmware 3.1.3 on my 3G 32GB Ipod Touch. I want to downgrade to 3.1.2 so I can jailbreak. I've tried the shift+restore way and selecting the 3.1.2 firmware in itunes, but that doesn't work, it says "The Ipod could not be restored. The device is eligible for the requested build.". Its either that or is there a way to jailbreak 3.1.3 on 32GB 3G?

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Seems like you gotta wait...I won't be upgrading anytime soon ;D

3. loked macrumors newbie

google: "iphone firmwares", go into watherver site you like, download Ipod Touch 2G 3.1.2 firmware (dosnt matter if ure at 3.1.3, it tricks itunes). Than go to itunes, and while holding shift click on restore and than on the firmware u've just downloaded... worked for me... did a coouple of times actually!

gl

4. mafiaman macrumors newbie

You could try putting your iPod into dfu mode. Some instructions on how to do that are on this site
    HTML:
    http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-to-put-the-iphone-into-dfu-mode/
    . Then once you are in dfu mode shift-click and restore to the 3.1.2 software.

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Then you are the first person to get it to work on a 32G iPod Touch 3rd gen (2009).

Note - The 8G 3rd gen iPod Touch (2009) and older iPod Touch's can be reverted to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3.

6. jay84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that and it doesn't work. It gives an error I'll update what it is soon

7. calvinc5 macrumors newbie

haha no every one knows how to do that haha I did it the day the new update came out when my idiot friend updated my ipod

8. Luminator macrumors member

I didn't think it was possible to JB a 3rd gen iPod and I don't see anything on the iphone dev teams site that indicates otherwise.

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The newest 8G iPod Touch is almost the same as the 2nd Gen Touch. Only the newest 32G and the 64G are actually 3rd gen.

Likewise, I don't believe the above poster who claimed to jailbreak his 32G 3rd gen Touch.

10. SchruteFarms macrumors newbie

the shift+restore doesnt work

the shift+restore only works on 3rd iPod touch 3.1.3 8GB
    it will not work on 3G 32GB or 64GB ipod touch 3.1.3.
    so im gonna have to wait until a redsn0w or blackra1n program comes out that can jailbreak a 32GB 3rd gen iPod touch 3.1.3.

11. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Unfortunately when it says "the device is not eligible for the requested build", it's because iTunes checks with Apple's servers to see if you're allowed to install a given firmware version. Since Apple won't let you install anything but 3.1.3, you can never downgrade again.

Sorry :(

12. ipodtouchfan15 macrumors newbie

okay people i have an ipod touch 3rd gen MC model and i have updated to 3.1.3 cause i thought that they had new stuff and so now if u have updated to 3.1.3 there is no going back i know that they said that u can change your host file i have done all of it and nothing worked here is the link ttat i followed there are many more but i didnt save them and even if u put the device in dfu it makes no difference the only way u can go back is if before u upgraded u saved a cydia file somewhere on the touch or something like that and that is the only way to downgrade nothin else works so for the people that updated are just going to have to wait
    iPod touch Fans forum - View Single Post - [HOW TO] Downgrade from 3.1.3 with SHSH sigs backed up