downgrading 5.1 to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by onen2n3n4, May 1, 2012.

1. onen2n3n4 macrumors newbie

Im new to the whole jail breaking thing but so far i've gathered i can't do much on the 5.1 IOS without a PC. all i'm looking to do is revert back to 5.0.1 (running 5.1 on iPhone 4) i guess i need to somehow get back to 5.0.1 and save the (blobs?) so that i can prevent future upgrades to the IOS and losing my jailbreak. i don't have these blobs and i don't see a point to saving them on 5.1 if i'm trying to downgrade. any hints to downgrading from a macbook pro?

any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

----------

i need to 5.0.1 so i can install the untethered corona package on cydia. it won't work on 5.1 apparently...

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

You cant downgrade without the blobs. You can jailbreak 5.1 tethered which is really not that big a deal.

3. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

if you have to reset while on the road aren't u fuked?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As stated, no way to 5.0.1
    Your option is stock or tethered 5.1

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you dont have blobs for 5.0.1 you cannot restore/downgrade to that firmware version.
    But you should save your 5.1 blobs anyway using tinyumbrella incase the untethered JB comes out you can then always restore to that version and JB.

6. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

what exactly is a blob? when i first JB'd i did backup files people suggested i do using winscp/ifile

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

No, unless Safari, Cydia and jailbreak-exclusive tweaks are absolutely essential to you (they aren't). Use a third party browser, and you can get back to using your tweaks when you get to a computer again. :D

8. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i thought if you're on a tethered jailbreak and you reset your phone you need a PC or MAC to get it going again

9. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I'm on 5.1 tethered right now and if I turn it on and off it's fine, I just lose the things I stated. I can still play games, make calls, text, etc! ;)

10. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i might upgrade to 5.1...how long does it take to restart after a reset using your pc?

11. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

If you want to boot tethered, not long at all, like 2-3 minutes? Less if your computer is faster and can unpack things faster. Otherwise it's just a normal boot

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It is a SHSH (or hash) file.

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

13. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I thought it was determined that semi tether was unstable on 5.1. What are you using for this? Is it still the Big Boss semi tether?

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I have seen a few that had issues using it on 5.1, but most say it works as designed.