Downgrading 6.1.3 to 6.x.x

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by hidos182, Aug 4, 2013.

1. hidos182 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have a huge problem. I cannot downgrade, and the awful battery drain in iOS 6.1.3 is literally killing me. I have got the SHSH blobs for 5.0.1 up to 6.1.2 physically on my desktop I had saved them a while ago but the only thing showing up in TinyUmbrella is 6.1.3. Is there any way I could still downgrade with the SHSH files on my desktop because if I try to downgrade through redsnow it does not work. I know that without SHSH blobs this is not possible but as I said I have got the files on my desktop.
    Please help me I am in need of a good battery and I can only achieve that by downgrading.

Thanks in advance!

(I have got an iPhone 4)

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

You can't downgrade since you're on iOS 6.

6.1.3 doesn't have battery drain issues. I suggest you install 6.1.3 again and set up as new phone.

3. hidos182 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done every possible thing also setting up as new phone. I know it is not my iPhone's fault because a while ago I tried to solve this bye downgrading to 5.1.1 because TinyUmbrella only showed up on till 5.1.1b but now it even doesn't show iOS 5. I have got the files in my desktop. What can I do?

4. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Well you can't downgrade. Maybe the device is faulty.

5. SimsDelt macrumors member

Try out iFaith and see what it does for you. I used iFaith on my iPhone 4 to pull my shsh off and write a custom firmware for 5.1.1 and downgraded to it. Google is your friend. That was a while ago and I have a 5 now so I don't even remember the process. But just try out iFaith.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

7. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Create a signed 5.1.1 IPSW with iFaith and shift+restore with it in iTunes.

Yes they can, iPhone 4's are downgradeable with SHSH blobs.

8. glsillygili macrumors 6502

glsillygili

thats in correct you can downgrade just stitch the blobs with sn0wbreeze

9. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Sorry guys, I forgot the word if. Bad grammar here. Nothing more.

10. davelanger macrumors 6502a

6.1.3 does have battery drain issues for 4S. I have a drain issue and I even set up as a new phone and its still doing it.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

It might have some sort of issues for you, it doesn't mean that others will have those issues (or even if some others have them that everyone will have them).

12. davelanger macrumors 6502a

If you google 6.1.3 iphone 4s battery drain you will see sites with threads on the issues that have tons of pages. If you have 6.1.3 and dont have issues then you are in the minority.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

The people posting in those threads represent a tiny tiny fraction of users, so it would really be hard to say what part is the minority.

14. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Then why did you even make a comment in the first place? Everyone I know with an iphone 4 or 4S complains about battery drain with 6.1.3.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Simply pointing out that it doesn't necessarily appear to be some sort of a widespread issue that applies to everyone or even the majority. Most that I know with 4 or 4S phones don't really seem to have any noticeable battery deficiencies with 6.1.3 compared to other versions they've had. That's not to say that there aren't those who have issues of some sort (that could be related to various things and not just to the OS version too), but it doesn't appear to be a huge widespread issue.

16. old-wiz macrumors G3

no problems on an iPhone 4S and 6.1.3 with battery