Downgrading a new iPad 2 (bought in Nov 2011) to ios 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Manic Harmonic, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Dec 4, 2011
    First of all, I apologize because I'm sure you all have heard similar questions asked a million times.I just bought an iPad 2, and updated it to ios5 immediately after hooking it up to my computer knowing little to nothing about jailbreak. I figured I'd give it a hot, but I learned that jailbreak does not work on ios5 for the new ipad 2. I honestly have no idea what my ipad shipped with, but I'm assuming it probably never had anything but ios 5 on it.

Most of the information I have found shows that this is simply not possible without SHSH blobs. However, i tend to be stubborn about these things. But I'm definitely not stubborn enough to risk ruining my ipad.

I found this website:

and downloaded the 4.3.3 file "iPad2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw," I have taken my important files off of it and it's ready to be downgraded as soon as I can determine it's safe.

forgive my ignorance, but would this work instead of SHSH blobs? I'm using this tutorial but of course it's an older article for ios 5 beta, not the most recent version.

So, am I absolutely wasting my time here? And if I decide to go against everyones advice and try it just for the hell of it, will I be stuck with a non-functional iPad?
  2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Feb 19, 2011
    You'd need SHSH blobs from 4.3.x to downgrade, but you don't have them, so you can't downgrade.
  3. callum23 macrumors member

Sep 29, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

you need SHSH blobs to downgrade to 4.3.x. So the only way to do it is to ask rohit but he probably won't let you