Downgrading a new iPad 2 (bought in Nov 2011) to ios 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Manic Harmonic, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

First of all, I apologize because I'm sure you all have heard similar questions asked a million times.I just bought an iPad 2, and updated it to ios5 immediately after hooking it up to my computer knowing little to nothing about jailbreak. I figured I'd give it a hot, but I learned that jailbreak does not work on ios5 for the new ipad 2. I honestly have no idea what my ipad shipped with, but I'm assuming it probably never had anything but ios 5 on it.

Most of the information I have found shows that this is simply not possible without SHSH blobs. However, i tend to be stubborn about these things. But I'm definitely not stubborn enough to risk ruining my ipad.

I found this website:http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware

and downloaded the 4.3.3 file "iPad2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw," I have taken my important files off of it and it's ready to be downgraded as soon as I can determine it's safe.

forgive my ignorance, but would this work instead of SHSH blobs? I'm using this tutorial but of course it's an older article for ios 5 beta, not the most recent version.

So, am I absolutely wasting my time here? And if I decide to go against everyones advice and try it just for the hell of it, will I be stuck with a non-functional iPad?

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You'd need SHSH blobs from 4.3.x to downgrade, but you don't have them, so you can't downgrade.

3. callum23 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

you need SHSH blobs to downgrade to 4.3.x. So the only way to do it is to ask rohit but he probably won't let you