downgrading a version

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Arushan, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Arushan macrumors member

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If your shsh files have been saved, then they'll always be. Did you edit your host files like the guide said?

[​IMG]

After you restore, you should see an error message pop up like "iPhone error 1015". Then you use TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery.

3. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

yea i added that apple line, what do you mean i have saved my shsh files? I dont have them anymore on my computer? Cause im running 4.2 not 4.1?

and once i downgrade to 4.1 will i be able to jb using limera1n?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

When you saved the shsh files as you claim on your computer, did you use TinyUmbrella? Once you save them, they are automatically added to the Cydia server.

Are you sure you saved them for 4.1?

Is your iPhone currently jailbroken? Look in Cydia (top of screen) and it will say "SHSH for:...."

5. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

yea i used tinyumbrella and it was for 4.1, i used limera1n to jb in the last week of october.

No my iphone is not currently JB its on 4.2, and should i save 4.2 shsh using tinyumbrella?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes, always save the shsh files. You never know when you're going to need them.

Then you should be fine. To downgrade back to 4.1 you first need to enter recovery mode (use TinyUmbrella). Then hit "Run TSS server" (TinyUmbrella). Hitting "TSS Server" will make iTunes think it's communicating with the Apple server which actually it's communicating with Cydia. Finally, find the 4.1 ipsw you have on your computer and restore.

7. Arushan, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

Arushan thread starter macrumors member

when i click "enter recovery" nothing happens to my iphone then i click "start tss server" and it changes to "stop tss server"

then do i go into itunes and click alt+restore on itunes and find the 4.1 firmware?

and at the end it says some erro4 1014 i think then i press exit recovery and its still on 4.1

8. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Which version of iTunes do you have?

Manually put your iPhone into recovery (hold down power and home buttons). Then click run TSS server. It should say close and reopen iTunes after clicking TSS.

Open iTunes with your iPhone connected, shift+restore, then find 4.1

After you get an error message like 1014, 1015 you need to use TinyUmbrella to kick the iPhone out of recovery.

9. Arushan, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

Arushan thread starter macrumors member

the neewst version of itunes 10.1 i think it is

the error code is 1604 still its on 4.2.1

do i have to click the ssh 4.1? then do it?

edit i got it thanks bro

10. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

All good now?

11. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Newbie to all this... I made a bad choice of upgrading to 4.2.1 and want to go back to 4.1 - but did not save my old 4.1 files... downloaded the 4.1 ipsw file - but Apple won't let me do a 4.1 restore. Am I screwed?