Downgrading app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hmcl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. hmcl macrumors newbie

Hi,

Not happy with Instapaper 2.0 and want to go back to 1.3.

Contacted the developer, but no response.

Any idea how to downgrade this app? My back-up has overwritten it.

Thank you,

hmcl

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's really no way of downgrading an app, if you overwritten your backups. You don't have TimeMachine running?

3. hmcl thread starter macrumors newbie

Downgrading app?

Nope, back-ups, yes, not TM.
    I'd be willing to pay the full value for the old app, although I already paid for that one.
    hmcl

4. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Check your trash?

5. hmcl thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, nothing in the trash either. Oh man, I'd pay to have the old version back again.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

You have me wondering, what is it about the previous version you like so much more than the new?

7. hmcl thread starter macrumors newbie

The old version?
    1) The simplicity
    2) The possibility to delete from the email/archive/etc. button (the swipe-delete is not a sure-fire way of deleting articles and the edit button is just a few taps too many)
    3) No useless texts with useless explanations when a folder is without articles
    4) When you start up the old version, it goes directly to the list of articles if you left off there; the new version to the folders (which I don't use)
    5) The graphical view now shows a lot of clutter (mostly links) on the page, not simply the text and pics (takes quite some swipes to scroll down to the text)
    6) When exiting an article, half the time the article is not highlighted. So I have no idea what to delete and have to go back into the article which I think it was to make certain that was the one I can safely delete
    7) ... and there are some headlines missing of articles from a magazine I've been reading since the App Store opened.
    And then the non-responding of the writer of the app to my polite email is the last straw, really.